Director of Marketing
At Optikos, we strive to provide a premium experience for all who interact with us—from customers to suppliers to employees and more. The Director of Marketing will help ensure that The Optikos Experience is not only conveyed in our graphic identity and messaging, but is provided in each and every encounter. S/he will provide direction, guidance, and leadership to the marketing department, develop and implement marketing strategies, and coordinate marketing efforts for business development and to build awareness of our organization’s brand and capabilities.
The role requires a well-rounded individual who is an excellent communicator, easily grasps technical and scientific concepts, and has a strong track record in traditional marketing activities. In addition to demonstrated leadership, strategic, analytical, and copywriting skills, s/he must be proficient with graphic design, CRM, and Microsoft Office software tools and able to work collaboratively with marketing team members—sharing workload—as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and implement Optikos promotional and thought leadership activities.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement the organization’s growth plans.
- Forecast and manage the department’s operating budget.
- Develop effective messaging and oversee the implementation of the Optikos graphic identity to ensure consistency and quality among all communications—press releases, articles, company presentations and other marketing materials.
- Research, direct and implement tradeshow schedule and online presence to generate awareness and leads in critical markets; and oversee tradeshow logistics (with Events Manager)
- Oversee development (with Media Services Manager) of website redesign and content overhaul, digital/print programs for website, email campaigns, advertising, social media
- Manage Dynamics CRM (with CRM Business Analyst) as a strategic resource for segmented customer and prospect database.
- Provide analytics and assessment of key marketing metrics to improve website, tradeshow, and advertising performance and lead generation.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant field
- Technical/engineering/manufacturing experience is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, marketing communications, product management, project/program management, or brand management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to transition seamlessly between technical and commercial topics in both oral and written communication
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, often with remote colleagues through the use of live video and collaborative conference tools.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe applications, web content management, MS Office and Dynamics (or similar CRM) software and management of effective graphic design
- Occasional travel required
About Optikos Corporation:
For 40 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Testing Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, automotive and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts. If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, please apply.
This position is 100% on-site and located at our Wakefield, Massachusetts office. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.