The Commercial Portfolio Associate provides relationship support to commercial loan officers and credit analysts, thereby facilitating the initiation and servicing of commercial credit and banking relationships. Reviews the commercial loan portfolio to ensure sufficient, current and accurate credit records are maintained within the credit files, Core processing system, and the subsidiary financial tracking and reporting software. Underwrites LOC renewals, annual reviews and new money loans within assigned threshold.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Review of commercial credit portfolio
• Maintain excellent customer service
• Safeguard Bank assets (Monitor and mitigate the Bank’s risk of loss)
• Compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines
• Ensure complete credit files are maintained and updated in accordance with Bank policies and procedures for relationships constituting the commercial credit portfolio
• Manage and sufficiently document the financial statement request and receipt process, ensuring annual collection of required financial documents needed for credit files within the commercial portfolio in accordance with policy
• Prepare reports as needed for the credit analysts and lending department officers
• Complete projects as assigned relating to management and tracking of the commercial loan portfolio
• Assist with preparation of written commercial loan portfolio management and servicing procedures
• Track and monitor the occurrence of commercial credit relationship reviews and line renewals
completed by credit analysts
• Complete relationship reviews and line renewals within threshold level
• Track and monitor updated property inspections completed for commercial properties
• Preparation of customer contact calls and letters as requested
• Assist in the completion of the post-closing review for commercial credit as needed
• Provide support to branch staff for new business development and maintenance of existing commercial relationships
• Coordinate services with credit analysts/portfolio managers to facilitate the credit analysis function
• Enter data into Bank’s financial analysis and monitoring software system (Sageworks)
• Provide assistance as requested during audits and exams
• Ensure accurate HMDA data is collected and reported for CML credits
• Update data within the Bank’s core processing system
• Order and review third party reports, such as credit reports, appraisals and environmental reports
• Handle commercial customer problems and complaints; counsels customers with special needs or requests
• Contribute to a professional, business-like atmosphere within the lending department
• Ordering and reviewing title updates and final inspections for construction disbursements
• Completing of compliance sheet and obtaining necessary signatures
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
Education & Experience
• Associates Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• Detail oriented, with strong customer service, communication, and analytical skills
• Prior knowledge of lending, credit analysis, or portfolio management a plus