The Director of Games Publicity (Video Games and Tabletop)plays a key role within the Skybound Entertainment consumer products division where we are launching video games, board games, collectibles, and merchandise for diehard fans, community, and loyal customers.
The Director of Games Publicity (Video Games and Tabletop) will be responsible for getting the word out and shaping the public narrative around Skybound’s exciting line-up of both digital video game and tabletop game products. You will be responsible for working hand in hand with our Brand Marketing team and managing a group of external global agencies to support the go-to-market campaigns for all Skybound’s game projects. This includes new digital games published by Skybound and, in conjunction with external partners, Skybound-licensed digital game projects and digital game physical edition releases. You will also work closely with our tabletop games division to create and execute product-driven PR for all our tabletop game projects.
As the subject matter expert on games PR in our Marketing organization, this role has room for significant growth and increased management potential.
Reports: This position will report to the Head of Corporate Communications and Managing Partner
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directly manage PR across Skybound’s video and tabletop games slate.
- Lead a team of communications professionals, including internal managers and external agencies to develop and execute product PR campaigns.
- Work closely with Brand and Marketing Managers on strategy and go-to-market planning.
- Drive media relations and press coverage for initial release announcements, previews, and reviews.
- Manage our external agency partnerships, budgets, and strategy across the games slate.
- Work closely with partners for licensed IP and ensure Skybound is properly represented in their interactive games.
- Manage PR budgets across the portfolio, working with brand and finance to find the right solutions across multiple product types and budget sizes.
- Lead the establishment of best practices for product PR across our games divisions. Testing and learning to find the optimal approach for each type of product.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Head of Corporate Communications to ensure the Skybound brand is represented throughout all of our game product campaigns.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in video games PR, with at least some of that experience managing external, global PR agencies to support video game launches.
- Experience in consumer or games adjacent media relations, campaign building, and marketing are welcome expertise as we look to differentiate our PR approach.
- Brings with them significant relationships across media, first party, and other game industry stakeholders to Skybound.
- 3+ or more years of experience with team leadership and direct report management/development.
- Direct experience managing budgets and negotiating with agency partners.
- A self-starter who can work independently or with minor supervision in a fast pace, multi-project, and process-oriented environment by balancing time on competing priorities.
- Ability to spot problems before they arise, and constantly looking to improve processes.
- A pro at presenting to the executive level, both internally and externally.
- A willingness to roll up their sleeves on execution as we continue to grow our internal PR team.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Salary Range: $120,000-$140,000
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees
- Compensation decisions are dependent on circumstances of each role
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This role may also qualify for a possible discretionary bonus annually.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.