The purpose of this position is to provide manual work in food service operations.
This is a multi-functional position that requires good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining composure and positive attitude.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Ensure all food prep is complete prior to service time
· Accurately cooking & plating all food orders
· Ensuring proper sanitation and kitchen practices at all times
· Assists in the preparation and storage for Lunch and Dinner items
· Assists in event food production, as per Exec Chef instructions.
· Assists Executive Chef with creating innovative Daily & Weekly food specials.
· Ensure proper use, storage and maintenance of all equipment and supplies. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company policies, service procedures and service standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk around on concrete, grass and wood throughout the day for up to 10 hours a day. Must be able to stand for periods up to 2 hours at a time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Working in the kitchen which can get very hot and humid and noisy from the machines being used. Loud talking and noise from celebration. Must have an excellent ability to multi-task.
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fast casual restaurant
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task.
· Previous hospitality industry experience preferred
· Must be ServSafe certified
· Needs good organizational skills
Must be able to speak English. Excellent ability to communicate.
This position is a full time hourly position which requires a varying schedule to include weekends, evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.