Monday through Friday, 6pm-10pm
Provide supportive services to assist children and families with the development of healthy living skills, and enhance resilience. This role aims to provide assistance to individuals and families who are recovering from Domestic Violence, Drug Addiction, or similar challenges. Additionally, it ensures consistent supervision of all residents in the facility, supporting their safety, and ensuring adherence to the rules and policies of the YWCA program.
Expectations of Every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- All employees must be familiar and compliant with the policies & procedures of the organization, and follow the guidelines of the Employee Handbook.
Individual Client Services:
- Assist Children's Advocates with an initial assessment of children and family needs and create plans with parents to address child and family needs.
- Report any needs for referrals for community supports to Children's Advocates for follow-up with the family. These needs may often include school IEP programs, Healthy Families, First Steps, Headstart, childcare assistance programs, after-school programs, summer programs, etc.
- Ongoing support and intervention with individual children and youth.
- Observe parents' daily living and parenting skills; redirect and/or teach skills where needed.
Group Children's Services:
- Assist with the creation, planning, and facilitation of activities and groups for children of all ages.
- Utilize colleagues, interns and volunteers to carry out activities within the building, as well as field trips into the community.
- Respond to and resolve client issues; create and maintain a high-quality work environment and perform at the highest level.
- Assist with planning and carrying out groups activities as assigned.
- Receive and respond to Crisis Calls.
- Complete Welcome Packets and other intake duties as assigned.
- Maintain and oversee resident compliance with YWCA rules and standards, directing disciplinary action when needed in a fair & equal manner and providing points as appropriate.
- Provide positive reinforcement and/or re-direct clients when needed. Complete write-ups or contracts to document when program guidelines are not followed for clients.
- Assist with site and building support, including but not limited to, maintaining medication keys, assigning rooms, monitoring freezer and refrigerator temperatures, replacing toilet paper and shower curtains, making beds, and cleaning facilities.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all shelter consumables, including but not limited to, personal items, kitchen supplies and food at all times.
- Provide active support for the food program, which may include safe food preparation and serving, cleaning food areas, and/or working with clients or other staff on food provision.
- Transport clients in company vehicles, as needed.
- Perform drug/alcohol screens on any client enrolled in substance abuse recovery as determined necessary or as directed by supervisory staff, charting fully all client reactions and results.
Safety and Security:
- Monitor and respond to activity at entry doors.
- Check rooms and client common areas as directed.
- Randomly check on residents throughout the night to make sure each one is appropriately accounted for.
- Responsibility for client emergencies, i.e. sickness, alcohol/drug usages, etc., making referrals for clients as necessary. Notify the Program Coordinator of all such emergencies in complete detail.
Record Keeping and Management:
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records as assigned, possibly including but not limited to, Communication Logs, Daily Entries, and Telephone Calls.
- Complete all documentation regarding tracking and reporting client progress through programs as assigned.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of intakes, crisis calls, abusers logs, and rooms list.
- Post new weekly sheets (daily plans, menus, meetings, chores, etc.).
- Assist with copying, printing and appropriately filing resident documents as needed.
- Provide any Incident Reports to Director prior to leaving shift.
- Train other staff, interns, and volunteers as needed on job duties.
- Attendance at staff meetings as required.
- Agreement to attend continuing education workshops/seminars, CPR and First Aid training, as required.
- Comply fully with all requests from supervisor, assist and cooperate with all staff in the performance of their duties.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization's goals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Continuing Education classes in related fields.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills; taking initiative to solve problems and working with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Work, Excel and Google Office.
- 1-3 years of general office experience, including reception and telephone duties, and general office equipment (copiers, printers).
- Accurate, organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files.
- Must comply with the organization's policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to stand at a computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employees to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.