Summary: Responsible for supporting the financial and strategic goals of assigned Business Unit. Primary responsibilities will be P&L management, strategic planning and financial support. Utilize existing, in addition to developing and implementing new, methodologies for analytical models as well as statistical data analysis and interpretation. Forecast business impact of data trends and make recommendations for action to the Team. Produce weekly, monthly and annual reports with the Three Year Plan (3YP) and budget along with tracking metrics to assist BU in understanding and managing the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide interpretation of, and create, financial information to assist Business Unit in achieving annual income volume plan, and helping to maximize efficiencies
2. Report on how performance is tracking against the budget, forecasts and prior year results
3. Analyze financial data and make recommendations to increase profitability and support efficiencies
4. Identify and communicate risks and opportunities to the forecast and budget
5. Prepare monthly financial reports for CEO, CFO and VP of Business Unit and the Director, FP&A to present to the Board of Directors; conduct formal and informal presentations on an ad hoc basis
6. Evaluate existing corporate reporting standards, and recommend and implement updated practices as necessary
7. Develop annual strategic plan (and 3YP) in concert with Finance teams and VP of Business Unit
8. Represent the Financial point of view on all cross functional projects including collaborations with other Departments
9. Partner with Business Unit to provide financial value added support that is consistent with the overall strategy of the business specifically including: full P&L management, supporting key business initiatives and product development
10. Work closely with Business Unit on the monthly close process
11. Actively monitor the financial statement during close procedures to ensure accurate recording of monthly activity
12. Closely examine SG&A expenses and explain variances
13. Regularly collaborate with other members of the Financial Planning and Analysis team to share best-practices throughout the organization
14. Display excellent accuracy, analytical skills and judgment with confidence to make recommendations, while also collaboratively working with cross-functional teams
15. Maintain ability to travel, some internationally, 15-20% of the time
16. Behave in a professional manner that always represents the Company in the highest ethical standard
17. Provide support on other projects as needed, and accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
18. Occasionally work with other departments to achieve overall company objectives
19. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment
20. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or another appropriate discipline; MBA is highly desirable.
• Must possess a minimum of 5-7 years financial reporting experience, preferably in a consumer foods products company.
• Financial management experience in more than one function would be a “significant plus”.
• Strongly preferred is significant experience in the dairy/cheese industry
• Individual needs to possess leadership, organizational and communication skills appropriate to the position.
• CPA is highly desirable.