GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
A Show Set Designer with AOA will already have a developed skill set and will look to grow and expand knowledge by working with senior staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. The Show Set Department creates documents which illustrate design intent, coordinates all show fields within the boundaries of architecture, and develops the creative intent into a biddable set of documents for construction.
There will be a great deal of freedom, which will be matched with a demanding timeline and high expectations. AOA has a dynamic and ever-changing portfolio with bandwidth covering show set design and production to media and content creation. The skills of our team are diverse and continuing to develop, and we support endeavors to educate and grow for the betterment of our AOA team. All team members are responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of concept development, inspirational imagery, current trends, general art direction, and the detailed mechanics of the design integration into the overall project to help the team produce the best work possible.
• As directed by project leadership, will assist with organization and help manage the assembly and development of high-quality design packages. The show set package articulates the project’s creative design intent and details the various show elements of an attraction, such as scenery, special effects, show action equipment, animated figures, props, animated props, audio equipment, lighting equipment and more.
• Will be expected to direct other internal team members for deadlines and project milestones.
• Interacts with project management, show consultants, facility team, internal show team and other disciplines with professionalism. Must establish clear lines of open communication and represent the show package, and associated documents, with a high level of familiarity.
• During construction, oversees contractors, develops in-field solutions and follow-up documentation when needed.
• Responsible for releasing project meeting documentation and organization of project server files both internal and external.
• Will be expected to review and plan for project hours and team needs. Review and communicate labor report status with project leadership and executives to orchestrate change orders if needed.
• Participate in drawings reviews, shop visits, site walks, if/when needed.
• Experience with managing large amounts of 3d data and optimizing assets for documentation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
AOA COMPANY INFORMATION
To dream, create, and build global experiences of a lifetime.
To create and build innovative and transformative experiences that astonish and exceed expectations.
At AOA, it is our expectation that all employees embrace and uphold our Company Values:
Communication – Be open, authentic, approachable, timely, and purposeful in everything that we do.
- Respect - Respect should be given across the board.
- Transparency - Transparency is key in the development of trust between parties and is essential in communicating with honesty.
- Professionalism - Professionalism truly lies in the individual’s sense of responsibility to client, team, and projects.
Quality– Deliver every project knowing we have done our best.
- Innovation – Continuously think outside the box and never be complacent.
- Exceed Expectations – Go beyond what our client needs.
- Repeat Business – Ensure our clients know they can trust us every step of the way to go above and beyond.
Leadership - Empower everyone to do the right things, not just do things right.
- Integrity – Have courage and confidence to do the right thing and inspire others to do the same.
- Problem Solvers – Don’t be intimidated by challenges. Be creative, effective, and efficient to get the job done.
- Financially Responsible – Manage money in a way that is productive and in the best interest of the client and company.
Teamwork - Work collaboratively to create an environment where trust, honesty, and integrity is most important.
- AOA Family & Community – Be a good human and take care of one another.
- Diversity – Promote diversity of thought, people, and culture.
- Inclusion – Make everyone feel that they are valued and respected.
Balance - Be present at work and at life.
- Quality of Life - Happiness matters.
- Embrace the moment. - Give life your all and find the fun.
- Wellness - Devote time to physical and mental well-being.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
· Minimum 3-5 years prior experience in the theme park and/or hospitality sectors.
In addition to the ability to hand-draw ideas and thoughts, a working knowledge of all listed software is paramount, with proficient knowledge in several programs:
· Revit - required
· Rhino – required
· InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator - required
· Microsoft Office
1. Must show samples of design drawings sets (Concept, SD, DD, CDs are all acceptable)
2. Must show samples of 3d Modeling in Rhino or Revit
• Ability to create plans, layouts, and elevations with consideration for guest experience and real-world scales
• Ability to 3d model for various design phases - Concept, FD, SD, DD
• Ability to establish, build, and maintain positive and productive team relationships based on open communication, trust and teamwork with project partners, departments, disciplines, and personnel.
• Communicates, inspires, and maintains project intent among all team-members
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities and job sites.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or hold objects, reach with hands and arms
· Must be able to speak
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus