The TSUBAKI name is synonymous with excellence in quality, dependability and customer service. U.S. Tsubaki is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power transmission and motion control products. As a part of a vast, international network of corporate and industrial resources, Tsubaki offers its customers the finest state-of-the-art products available in the world and we strive to be the “Best Value” supplier in the industry. KCI, Incorporated (a member of the Tsubaki Group) is an original equipment manufacturer providing a broad range of automated solutions for diverse markets and industries worldwide.
The Mechanical Project Engineer designs and supervises industrial equipment with AutoCAD and Inventor 3D design software. The Mechanical Project Engineer designs and directs other Engineering staff on assigned portions of design jobs. This position works directly with Project Managers, Engineers, Manufacturing Services, Purchasing, Company Management and the Customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Personal commitment to safety.
- Work independently or on a team to accurately design & revise AutoCAD 2D & Inventor 3D industrial equipment.
- Lead formal and informal kickoff meetings; take direction from Project manager or Engineering manager.
- Document design narratives & engineering analysis including creation of bill of materials for all designs.
- Capable of conveyance, structural support steel, automation, thermal expansion, production facility, environment (including detailing parts) system layout and machine design.
- Communicate as needed with Project Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Services, Purchasing, Company Management and the Customer.
- Travel to job sites to conduct equipment health assessments, trouble-shoot, etc. as needed. (10-20%)
- Ability to perform field verification of drawings as needed.
- Create detailed Engineering drawings, specifications and technical requirements as required.
- Review design documents for accuracy, completeness and constructability.
- Work closely with Project Manager to assure accuracy, timeliness and completion of project.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Services, Purchasing and Engineering Manager regarding design modifications, as appropriate to accommodate improved cost effectiveness of construction.
- Monitor and manage Engineering costs of project; communicate and revise with Engineering Manager.
- Accurately name and store designs per departmental naming and storing structures.
- 10+ years’ experience in related mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent in an industrial design build environment in the automotive and/or fiberglass insulation manufacturing industries.
- PMP a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D Design software AutoCAD (expert), Inventor 3D (expert) & Microsoft Office (expert).
- Familiarity & experience with industrial manufacturing designs & schematics.
- Strong problem-solving & critical thinking skills.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing shop fabrication processes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required & must have very strong attention to detail.
- Excellent client-facing written & verbal communication skills with diverse groups.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills required.
U.S. Tsubaki offers a competitive compensation package, including health benefits effective on date of hire, generous 401(k) match and profit sharing, education reimbursement, and annual bonus potential.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability