Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard, and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate, and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements, and give it all we’ve got, every day.
Reporting to the Vice President of Performance Marketing, the Digital Analyst will help build and shape a best-in-class analytics function within Petplan. In this role, the analyst will dive deep into our data (largely from Google Analytics) to uncover actionable insights and make recommendations that will influence the company’s strategic decisions and drive improved business performance. They will collaborate with various teams including web development, creative, marketing, and other business groups to develop and enhance our data-driven approach to business improvement through rigorous experimentation.
The Digital Analyst will own all site analytics initiatives, developing and managing reports and processes to advance data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, the ability to see through the numbers and tell the customer’s story, as well as validate reports and findings with ease.
- Analyze web traffic and site behavior using Google Analytics for customer and business insights to support business decisions and deliver on business growth
- Integrate disparate data sources and translate anecdotal or qualitative data from campaigns into a cohesive picture before brainstorming actionable next steps to grow conversions
- Ability to understand business problems and independently design the right analytical framework to solve them
- Design, create and automate daily, weekly, and monthly dashboards and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) at all levels, including executive summaries and detailed channel performance reports
- Maintain and support Google Analytics data integrity/validation. Coordinate tagging, goals, and tracking parameter implementations. Be able to identify gaps in the current data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements by communicating requirements to web site developers
- Partner internally and externally to ensure best practices in metrics and decision making are being maintained. Stay current on trends and best practices in digital analytics and e-commerce
- Proactively analyze customer behavior using available data to influence changes on the website
- Manage relationships with cross-functional business partners by understanding their needs and translating them into technical requirements that will ultimately produce distilled analysis to drive business decisions with a high likelihood of moving the needle
- Influence prioritization of site enhancements and A/B test designs
- Provide funnel analysis across segments and entry points to optimize the shopping experience
- Lead qualitative research including surveys, user testing, and focus groups
- 2-4 years of web analytics experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or other related field
- Experience pulling, aggregating, and manipulating data from a variety of sources to synthesize into clear analysis
- Mastery of Google Analytics 360 including creation of custom reports, segments, and events required. Google Analytics certification preferred but not necessary
- Demonstrated success in presenting analysis and recommendations to influence decisions and drive business results
- Ability to validate analyses, reports, and underlying data, and collaborate with business stakeholders to inform decision making
- Experience interpreting A/B or multivariate test results
- Experience using SQL, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, and/or Pepperjam is a plus
- High proficiency in advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMif statements, etc.)
- Reporting Visualization experience with Tableau is a plus
- Extremely comfortable working with numbers. A strong analytical thinker who can efficiently and effectively use data to optimize and improve campaign performance
- High level of initiative, ability to drive performance and exceed goals independently as well as part of a team
- An inquisitive nature. You should be excited to check the data on all campaigns each day and curious to find out the causes and effects of performance
- Ability to find the story within the data: not just the “what,” but the “why”
- Excellent team player with a proven ability to succeed on a high-performance team
- A master problem solver obsessed with finding ways to “make things better” and a never satisfied lust for learning
The position is full time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, 401K match, paid vacation, pet insurance, and lots (and we mean LOTS) of food!
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.