Phoenix House Florida is an organization that is passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Reporting, interim to the Business Development Manager, the BD Representative will utilize an established book of business contacts and create client acquisition strategies and referral outreach plans to attract and secure private insurance patients and a diversified payer mix. This role requires a dynamic, go-getter driven by our mission and business goals. S/he will be responsible for building, advancing, and maintaining referral relationships (including but not limited to hospitals, mental health providers, social workers, insurance providers/companies, community groups, etc.) throughout the assigned territory. S/He will integrate both traditional off-line referral engagements with online/digital executions that are in alignment with the business strategy; obtaining brand recognition and financial growth.
The Business Development Representative will bring a highly collaborative spirit to the team and work closely with the Business Development Manager and program leadership.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Knowledge of communities in assigned territory.
· Demonstrated ability to strategize, set and meet goals.
· Identify and research potential referents contacting via in person meetings, cold calls, and emails
· Make and give presentations to prospective referents and internal executives.
· Represent the company at community meetings. Manage relationships, membership organizations (i.e., Kiwanis, Host Lions Club, Rotary Clubs, etc.) and prepare all applications and documents required.
· Attend various events, working with Business Development Manager to obtain invitations and other collateral materials. Ensure branding compliance.
· Works with healthcare organizations, community-based organizations, insurers and community coalitions to develop programs, events, and new initiatives that promote marketing and community relations objectives.
· Develop a strong knowledge of behavioral health services and related industries.
· Must be self-motivated and able to work under pressure and perform duties of job meeting expectations set by the Business Development Manager.
· Utilize strong attention to detail and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Solid selling skills, with ability to engage new business.
· Maintain professional working relationships with staff, including being able to work remotely with team members.
· Compile and maintain all BDR activity through CRM (Hub Spot)
· Coordinates and conducts tours for key referral sources.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills are a must, with the ability to build rapport with various community groups and organizations.
· Report to the Business Development Manager on a weekly basis with sales results
· Ability to work with Hub Spot and Microsoft Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
·Degree from approved university in Marketing/Public Relations, Social Work or related preferred. GED/High School Diploma Required.
· Must reside in Marion County, Florida.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
· Understanding sales performance metrics
· Experience with CRM software
· Committed to organizational mission.
· Minimum of one year experience working in a human service/substance abuse treatment setting required. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
· Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s license and a driving record that allows for operation of company vehicles.
· Must meet federal, state, and local Criminal Clearance and Child Abuse Indexing requirements.
· Must pass/clear a full reference check, level II background check, and drug test process before start date.