Skybound is looking for a Senior Audio Designer to help lay the foundations for a new, unannounced project, to help create spectacular characters, environments, and experiences in a customized UE5 engine. The Senior Audio Designer will develop iconic soundscapes, collaborate with a team of multidisciplined artists, engineers, designers, and help build and manage relationships with multiple external partners.
As a Senior Audio Designer, you will lead the creation of inspiring audio for characters, combat, and locations. You will create new and innovative techniques to showcase and highlight our combat infused experience. You understand the crucial relationship between sound and gameplay, how to implement processes to deliver compelling sound designs, and ensure that our audio direction aligns with the creative vision of the game. You feel comfortable owning the direction of game audio and can drive the audio vision from inception to final delivery.
Reports: This position will report to the Executive Producer of Skybound Game Studios.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the game director, art director, and gameplay teams to create amazing environment soundscapes and epic character sound designs which tell incredible stories and possibilities for gameplay and cinematic action
- Work across disciplines to ensure your designs are immersive and informative
- Drive new methods and advanced techniques to produce the best-sounding effects possible showcasing combat and destruction
- Create workbooks for outsource vendors, create Voice Over pipelines, and work with composers to deliver quality assets
- Provide estimates, manage time, and hit deadlines to stay on track with set schedules and tasks
- 5+ years of experience in console or PC games as a Senior Sound/Audio Designer, with at least one shipped title
- Designer portfolio demonstrating 2+ years of experience with console games as a Sound Designer or similar role, with at least one shipped title
- Proficient in the creation of high-quality assets with both commercial or proprietary tools
- Experience field recording
- Strong technical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and work efficiently within a game pipeline
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to maintain high quality assets with consistency without continuous supervision
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with asset tracking tools like Perforce and JIRA
- Experience with Wwise
- Experience scripting for melee combat
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback to internal teams and outsourcer vendors
- Passion for video game development, combat-oriented games and Skybound IP
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $120,000-$135,000
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc.
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees
- Compensation decisions are dependent on circumstances of each role
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This role may also qualify for a possible discretionary bonus annually.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.