Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Our Uncommon Collective is currently seeking a Senior Project Architect to join our growing Urban Design Studio. Think you’ve got what it takes? Read on!
The Senior Project Architect performs within the Urban Design studio in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
Senior Project Architect will lead aspects of or entire projects (depending on scope of project) and liaise directly with clientele and consultants. This role will report to the Urban Design Studio leadership.
- Leads project team through design and delivery process, including comprehension of scope deliverables and partners with project management and technical leads on a variety of projects
- Interface with client, contractor, and consultants
- Manage workflow and production of deliverables
- Take a lead role in programming, space planning, and design activities
- Research, recommend and select appropriate finishes and fixtures
- Clearly communicate design concepts and co-lead/conduct client presentations in a variety of formats
- Prepare project design documentation, participate in construction documentation and construction administration tasks
- Mentor junior staff and identify development opportunities
- Bachelor/master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB-accredited program
- 10+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Commercial Real Estate Industry
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe, CAD and Deltek strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- *Architectural License Required
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.