Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Our Uncommon Collective is currently seeking an Urban Designer/Planner to join our growing Urban Design Studio. Think you’ve got what it takes? Read on!
Streetsense seeks an Urban Designer/Planner to perform within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the Urban Design and Planning/Place-making process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to research, analysis, and design within mixed-use commercial environments.
- Work with team on multiple, complex projects through all phases of the design process
- Perform specific/limited portions of architectural assignments under direct supervision to support the creation of detailed design concepts, functional requirements, and project-design criteria
- Think and design three-dimensionally with creative and conceptual skills
- Receive and follow directions for project assignments
- Document changes to architectural drawings as instructed.
- Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI's, preparing sketches and addendum's (CCD's), visiting the construction site to gather information and/or preparing a punch list
- Assist with design and technical coordination among disciplines and respond to technical implications of design decisions.
- Consult with manufacturers, research, and evaluate materials.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Create graphics and research information for inclusion in proposals and marketing materials
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Architecture, Planning, or Landscape Architecture or related field
- 5+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the commercial real estate industry with an emphasis on Urban Design
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, or relevant BIM software strongly preferred; GIS software optional
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- Strong visual design skills and sensibilities; strong hand drafting and sketching skills
- Familiarity and ability to converse on retail and mixed-use industry trends, and the art of place-making design solutions
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, site analysis, and how people experience place
- Mastery of written and verbal communication with team and stakeholders
- Interest in completing licensure/accreditation requirements
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative and professional, with ability to manage project deliverables deadlines and budgets.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.