Do you want to be part of a team that offers work/life balance while being invested in your success? If so, join our team today! At Mercadien, work/life balance is important to us, which is why we’ve implemented a hybrid work from home policy to keep our team happy, healthy & working to their full potential.
This role will be an essential member of the team supporting our not-for-profit, for profit and government clients. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, dedicated team player with a passion for client service who is looking to further their career in an environment that proudly promotes a robust culture with an open-door policy and recognition programs.
- Monitors the productivity of staff and the work plan on every engagement
- Identifies areas for which control and inherent risk assessments may be lowered
- Understands how the impact of changes in the economy, industry and business processes affects the planning process
- Gathers appropriate evidence using advanced analytical reviews
- Identifies situations when deviation from/addition to planned procedures is appropriate
- Plans engagements based on Risk Assessments
- Documents internal controls on a timely basis
- Tests systems of internal control appropriately based on risk assessment (i.e. walkthrough vs. test of control)
- Performs an effective engagement administration review
- Completes an engagement so that the "lights-out" approach may be used
- Recognizes and documents appropriate matters for Partner attention
- Participates in industry related meetings or seminars
- Learns and appropriately uses industry specific terminology
- Functions without close supervision
- Assists with financial reporting
- Asks for assignments that will support specialty development
- Participates in debriefing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must hold or be pursuing CPA license
- 3+ years of experience in performing governmental audits
- Experience overseeing staff
- Must possess above average computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written format. A strong command of the English language and grammar is necessary
- Must be available to work professional hours between 9am and 5pm, and additional hours as needed.
- Work where you work best hybrid policy
- Flexible scheduling and work location
- Highly competitive salaries and bonus programs
- Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive 401K match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Casual dress code: dress for your day
- Mentorship and training opportunities
- Internal committees and clubs
- Various social gatherings & events
- Strong focus on the Mercadien community
- Cutting edge technology
3625 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Mercadien is a leading and growing regional accounting and advisory firm with partners and staff that believe our best work starts with our people. When you come on board, you become a part of our community and extended family. We’re entrepreneurs at heart; passionate about creating opportunities, innovating inside and outside of our business, achieving work/life integration, helping our employees reach their potential, and having fun!
Our core values: Integrity, excellence, responsibility, creativity, and respect are the foundation of our firm. They inform and guide us in everything we do and fuel our client work and relationships. We are a teamwork-focused firm and support each other professionally and personally. We’re collaborative by nature and enjoy being actively involved in our communities. Driven by integrity and social responsibility, our associates serve more than 100 civic and charitable organizations, as individuals and through the Mercadien Foundation. At Mercadien, the opportunities are endless.
To all recruitment agencies: The Mercadien Group does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Mercadien associates or any other company location. The Mercadien Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Mercadien will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Mercadien is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.