Accepts and implements the YWCA Mission to empower women and eliminate racism and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
CUSTOMER IMPACT STATEMENT:
Our goal is to deliver a supportive response affirming the dignity of clients and facilitating a path of resiliency and recovery for individuals whose lives have been impacted by experiences of homelessness and victimization. The Aftercare Community Health Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to assist individuals and community by addressing barriers to behavior change with an awareness of the impact of social determinants of health. The ACHC will help YW clients, and their families navigate and access healthcare services, community resources and services to provide social support and case management, and to advocate for individual and community health needs. The position will have responsibility for fostering and sustaining relationships with YW program staff, community stakeholders and service providers. This position includes On Call, shift coverage for program service. This position reports to the Aftercare Services Manager and provides services at multiple sites in New Castle County.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (may include, but not limited to):
Overall responsibility for coordinating aftercare community health follow-up case management for clients
1. Manage requests for Aftercare community health follow up and coordinate service calls within 48 hours.
2. Utilize call center and service case management software, monitoring service call documentation, aftercare follow-up and counseling requests, scheduling, and database updates for information and referral.
3. Review and submit all Aftercare Community Health, Resource and Referral service data, service evaluations, and other program data as needed for outcomes reporting on a timely basis.
4. Conduct periodic quality control audits for information and referral database, service requests and data integrity.
Primary responsibility for screening, needs assessment, safety planning and referring clients to health care and social services.
1. Help develop and implement strategies for the screening, assessment, safety planning and referrals of clients to facilitate adoption of healthy behaviors.
2. Develop and maintain additional procedures for resource database in case management software, and for preparing materials and engaging in community outreach and education.
3. Provides education sessions for clients and families related to health and wellness, community resources, and achieving health related goals.
4. Track and monitor clients’ progress, and connection to community resources and programming.
5. Attend weekly care team case management and review meetings and provide updates to staff on resources and information and referral database.
Provide scheduling and shift coverage for program services On Call NCC, and to ensure 24/7 access for crisis intervention
1. Track, schedule, and complete monthly schedule of service On Call shifts.
2. Support coordination of client services across residential housing programs and SARC, and other YW programs as needed.
Maintain and grow positive internal and external relationships to ensure achievement of service delivery goals.
1. Support YWCA program leaders in identifying and recruiting new community partners and opportunities to deliver health services thru outreach.
2. Maintain current stakeholder relationships and identify opportunities to strengthen partnerships through additional service delivery or special projects.
3. Work with community partners to identify and recruit potential program volunteers and build awareness of services.
4. Provide educational presentations to YW clients and to the community at large.
Other Duties include:
Ensure maximum economy in the use of Agency resources. Attendance at agency and/or departmental staff meetings as required. Represents the YWCA, SARC, and participant needs internally and to the community in a positive manner.
This position includes On Call shift coverage for program services to ensure 24/7 access as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field plus 1-2 years’ experience in similar social or human service agency/shelter or associate degree and 2 years’ experience working with violence victims in target populations
Minimum of 3-5 year health and social service related case management experience working with diverse populations; certification as community health worker a plus.
Excellent written and verbal skills
Creative thinking and problem solving skills
Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point required]
Demonstrated organization and project management skills
Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects
Proven ability to facilitate and work effectively with cross- functional teams
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to communicate and work with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Active listening, crisis intervention, and empathy skills
Ability to deal with confidential materials with discretion.
Committed to YWCA shared values and to be enthusiastic about YWCA Delaware’s mission and programs.
Committed to a culture of integrity and accountability for their own performance and the advancement of our clients
Use of computer and telephone; reading; interacting with people; language and speech skills; consistent and timely attendance