The Licensed Practical Nurse maintains patient safety and well-being in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as managing medical treatment and nursing care services to patients within their scope of practice. The Licensed Practical Nurse maintains current certification and licensure.
2nd Shift: 5pm-2am (Saturday-Wednesday) OR
3rd Shift: 11pm-8am (Wednesday-Sunday).
Shift differential pay for overnight hours (additional $1/hour)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform medical screenings at intake.
· Perform patient medication data entry necessary to complete admission using the Welligent electronic medical record.
· Assist counselors to develop treatment plans that are coherent and reflective of patient progress and development. Involve patient appropriately in the process and document in the Case Note section of Welligent.
· Implement doctors’ orders, administer specified medication, monitor, and record vital signs as needed, and maintain medical records.
· Observe patients and document their responses to treatment.
· Carry out all medical procedures in compliance with program policies.
· Participate in treatment team weekly meetings regarding patient progress and treatment.
· Monitor patients in individual, group, and family formats.
· Discharge patients in accordance with established policy.
· Respond to patient crises and emergencies as needed.
· Maintain accurate and timely group, incident report and case notes. Document developments and important events in accordance with clinical policies for reporting and record keeping. Use Phoenix House systems, including effective and appropriate use of the Welligent electronic medical record.
· Participate in staff meetings and required trainings to ensure continuum and quality of care.
· Properly utilize House Log, Change of Shift Report/Overnight Checklist, Paylocity, MAR forms and Medication Monitoring policies and procedures.
· Provide transportation and supervised monitoring of patients as needed.
· Meet with supervisor on a regular basis.
· Dress in a professional manner.
· Participate in the support and training of other staff members and interns.
· Complete Relias web-based training requirements in a timely fashion.
· Serve as a role model through positive, appropriate conduct and participation in special agency events.
· Project a good image to the public.
· Conduct property searches and urine screens as needed.
· Telephone Supervisor or Director immediately to report unusual incidents.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Demonstrate proficiency in Phoenix House's electronic health record system (Welligent) sufficient to fulfill the duties required by this position within 30 days of employment.
· Experience treating substance abuse and/or Department of Corrections populations.
· 1+ years of nursing experience
· Administration of medications, acquisition of vital signs and documentation of interventions. Ability to communicate with interdisciplinary team about client’s care.
· Valid Florida Licensed Practical Nurse license in the state.
· Valid Florida driver’s license with four or fewer points.
· CPR/First Aid Certification