Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is currently seeking a Surgery Scheduling Coordinator who is professional, motivated, reliable and people oriented. The Surgery Scheduling Coordinator must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely, accurate manner.
- Obtain incoming surgery and clinic scheduling sheets from physicians and mid-level personnel.
- Schedule and document all cases being posted per established protocol for each facility.
- Provide patient support by providing patients with surgical times, appointments and instructions.
- Process all paperwork to include completed surgery scheduling sheet, face sheet, insurance verification, anesthesia forms and relative insurance information.
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to keeping patient records, entering post-surgical data and scheduling surgical equipment.
- Responsible for the submission of prior approval letters and photos to insurance carriers.
- Arrange lodging accommodations for out of town patients.
- Ability to plan and implement work activities.
- Must have outstanding organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of hospital systems.
- Ability to work well with physicians and co-workers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain optimistic and to effectively deal with stressful situations.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Medical Office: 2 years (Required)
- Surgery Scheduling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Proficient knowledge/ability with all Microsoft Office Applications
We offer Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/401(k)/Vacation and Holidays.
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.