We are looking to bring on a talented Corporate Development Executive (title depending on level of experience), joining a small group of professionals with backgrounds in entertainment, games, legal, accounting, management consulting and investment banking, who serve as advisors to Skybound's executive leadership on M&A, investments and other corporate transactions. We are a fast-paced and growing cross-departmental team, so the work is broad and there is a lot of room to grow. This role is for someone who is organized and analytical and excited to take on big challenges and find creative solutions.
Reports: This position will report directly to the senior leadership and will be integral in managing all Corporate Development matters for Skybound, working closely with our Senior Corporate Counsel and Chief Business Affairs and Legal Officer. The candidate will have the chance to work alongside various departments within the organization, including executive management and division heads, gaining exposure to a wide array of projects across different sectors of the entertainment and games industries.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, plan and execute M&A, investments and other corporate transactions, including pipeline development, due diligence processes and post-closing strategies.
- Build financial models, including bottom-up financial models and valuation analyses.
- Create and present investment and strategy memoranda to executive management and the board of managers.
- Conduct sector analyses, including market sizing, competitive landscape and trends.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive M&A playbook.
- Perform other tasks critical to the success of the organization’s corporate transactions strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Applied Math or a related discipline; MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years in investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy or similar roles (preferably with direct experience in the entertainment or games sectors).
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interest in the entertainment and games industries.
- Strong financial modeling skills for highly quantitative analyses.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with colleagues and senior management.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage confidential, high priority projects.
- Ability to manage deadlines with a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility (things move fast here).
- Sense of humor (because life is too short).
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to be considered.
Primarily remote with periodic meeting in our Los Angeles office.
The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $100,000 -$300,000. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. This position is eligible for benefits, discretionary bonus and, depending on level of experience, possible participation in Skybound’s equity incentive plan.
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees
- Compensation decisions are dependent on circumstances of each role
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This role may also qualify for a possible discretionary bonus annually.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.