The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB, Inc.) is seeking highly motivated individuals to function as Program District Assistant - Employment Retention Trainer between subcontracted One-Stop/WorkSource Centers and the South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. The Program District Assistant (PDA) - Employment Retention Trainer will be responsible for facilitating employment retention workshop trainings to CalWORKs participants under the Transitional Subsidized Employment (TSE) Program. The PDA - Employment Retention Trainer must understand the function and goal of the TSE program and be able to motivate TSE program participants to achieve their professional goals through employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the SBWIB GAIN Unit Manager (or designee), the Program District Assistants - Employment Retention Trainer's duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with staff and One-Stop/WorkSource Centers to plan, evaluate, and implement Blueprint 1/11 employment/retention workshops and presentations
- Conduct various practice testing and/or assessments to identify areas of risk and refer those students who require further evaluation or follow up services to the appropriate One-Stop/WorkSource staff or programs
- Deliver Worker's Compensation basic safety information to TSE participants
- Participate in meetings, events, or other special activities
- Prepare and submit weekly reports as directed by Manager
- Participate in routine LA County Regional Staff Meetings and SBWIB GAIN Unit meetings as directed
- Travel locally and throughout LA county as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Public Administration, or related fields;
- At least two (2) years of experience in delivering presentations, group facilitation, and conducting job readiness or life skills training
- Bilingual (English & Persian/Farsi) is required; candidates must be able to read, write, and speak both languages proficiently
- Must have experience with public speaking and possess strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be able to collaborate effectively with various levels of staff, Boards members, or Partners
- Must be able to communicate effectively in groups, public settings, and with people with diverse backgrounds, opinions, and needs
- Must have good organizational skills and be able manage multiple tasks and projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, and comfortable working independently with little to-no supervision
- Able to think quickly, strategically, and execute new ideas in fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Reliable transportation with valid California Driver’s License and insurance are required.
- Must be able to successfully pass background and reference clearances
- Must be able to follow all safety protocols enforced by the Company and as listed under the below working conditions
**Or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the below duties. Education may be substituted by experience on a year-for-year basis.
Employee may be required to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk, with some lifting and bending. Must also be able to travel to other locations for trainings, conferences and/or meetings within or outside our local area and occasionally statewide in which such travel may last one (1) or more days - if/as necessary.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members. Performing duties of this position will require wearing protective equipment (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.,), and following protective measures enforced by the Company, City, County, State and/or Federal Authorities as it relates to current states of emergencies (e.g., pandemics) or the functions of this position.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position (40 hours/week), generally with a starting hourly wage commensurate with experience. Our Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, which includes 75% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. Employer is eligible for student loan forgiveness (PSLF). All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period.