Finish Room Operator
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the smooth transition of product from the BOC freezer, across the bagger tables and into the bagger trays. Employees are also responsible for the operation of the Quick Lock units, the bulk pack taper; check weighers, metal detectors and ensuring the proper orientation of bagged product into the Jones cartoner. The finish room Operator is also the final link to ensure the highest quality product is shipped to market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) The duties of the finish room operators will include placing the predetermined number of sticks in the moving bagger in-feed tray.
2) Ensuring the proper orientation of the sticks.
3) Quality control of the sticks passing over the bagger tables
4) Running the quick lock unit and ensuring the constant even flow of bagged product to the in feed of the cartoner.
5) Maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
6) Running the bulk pack line, filling the cases, running the taper and palletizing the finished product.
7) Ensuring that the bags are oriented correctly going in to the cartoner.
8) As with any position, may be required to alter schedule or assigned work area depending on the needs of production as determined by management.
9) Communication with the bagger operators, other finish room operators, management and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF FOOD SAFETY, QUALITY, LEGAULITY:
1) Final inspection of product for any potential contamination or adulteration by outside source.
2) Ensuring mental detection program is functioning and any deviations are address.
3) Ensure proper use of company provided uniforms and wearing of nitrile gloves for food contact.
4) Following all GMPs set forth by the company to monitor food safety, quality and legality.
5) Performs the final visual inspection that all packaged product meets Coles Quality Foods specifications.
6) Ensure proper closure of the quick-lock connection is properly on the bag.
7) Ensure that proper packaging is being utilized for the production run.
8) Ensure that proper weight checks are completed, and check weighers are operating to company policy.
9) Ensure that all metal rejected product is secured and inspected for verification.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Temperature between 55 and 90 degrees, depending on the season. The operator will be required to bend, turn and reach throughout the day.
SAFETY TRAINING SPECIFIC TO POSITION and PPE REQUIRED:
General plant annual safety training, and specific machine hazards for the area. Required PPE includes cotton and nitrile gloves, hard soled shoes, hair nets, and ear plugs.
QUALIFICATIONS- Education, work experience, specialized skills and knowledge required:
1) High school diploma or GED.
2) 1 or more year’s production/manufacturing experience.
Our policy to provide equal employment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual preference, handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable federal laws.