LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC
The Manager of Partnership Development will partner with the Senior Director of Partnerships and the Director of Strategic Initiatives to develop integrated partnerships with national corporations that fuel the growth of Out Teach. S/he will be responsible for all corporate business development functions, including cultivation strategy, securing new partnerships, and supporting cultivation activities of partnerships team members. This position will work closely with staff members across the country to generate and cultivate leads, while also assuming responsibility for internal team projects, as needed.
The Manager of Partnership Development will have direct revenue goals and will be responsible for ensuring optimal partnership development, stewardship and execution.
- Partners with the Senior Director of Partnerships to develop and execute a comprehensive corporate business development strategy that generates new revenue and national visibility for Out Teach.
- Actively leads all aspects of the business development process/sales cycle: research and identification of prospective targets, outreach and strategic cultivation, proposal development, presentation, and contract negotiation.
- Crafts strategy for developing integrated corporate partnerships, including connecting event sponsorship, cause-marketing, CSR, and/or Foundation opportunities to build the largest, most productive partnerships possible for the organization.
- Develops customized partnership proposals positioned in direct response to prospects’ stated business and philanthropic goals such as employee engagement, impact in key geographies, increased PR/visibility, elected official engagement, etc.
- Builds relationship loyalty through consultative sales, meticulous customer service and through creative problem-solving to ensure successful development, execution and growth of partnerships.
- Collaborates with Account Management team to expand corporate partnerships to new channels; develops growth strategies, solicits, and helps secure incremental funding.
- Collaborates with staff across the organization to secure new business and leverages Senior Leadership and Education team members strategically to cultivate the broadest, most productive partnerships possible.
- Maintains regular updates in CRM database to ensure all prospect information is tracked and easily accessible.
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 4-6 years of experience in successfully securing six figure gifts for nonprofits and/or a track-record of success generating new sales for an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and listening skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships using a consultative sales process.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and organizational skills required. An ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment are essential.
- Highly collaborative, positive and proactive working style with ability to be a strong ambassador for Out Teach.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating contracts and managing contracting processes.
- Knowledge of the principles and regulations associated with cause marketing partnerships.
- Process oriented and strong commitment to excellence is essential.
- Mission-driven and passionate about Out Teach’s mission to transform teaching and learning.
- Strong design skills and excellent attention to detail a must.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience working in Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce strongly preferred.
- This position requires moderate travel–approximately 25% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; noise level is moderate.
- Daily contact with external customers and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends as needed.
- Ability to sit for an extended period in an office environment.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Out Teach:
Out Teach trains teachers to unlock student performance with the power of experiential learning outdoors. We design and build engaging outdoor learning labs and work one-on-one with teachers to empower them to take their students outside expectations. We are growing with a presence in Texas, Mid-Atlantic, Carolinas, and Southeast. Our Headquarters is based in Washington, DC.