Professional Land Surveyor
DAVENPORT or DUBUQUE, IOWA
Origin Design is a full-service professional design firm offering architecture, engineering, field services and land surveying. We deliver impactful, sustainable solutions to help the clients and communities we work with thrive and grow.
Origin Design is continually seeking highly qualified individuals to enhance and expand our staff to better serve our clients. We are currently hiring a full-time Professional Land Surveyor that will assist our Land Survey Team. The position will be based out of our Davenport or Dubuque office.
Origin Design emphasizes training and professional development to facilitate personal and professional growth in your career. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture of collaboration and position our employees for success. If you join our team, we will help you grow your skills and encourage your creativity. Your future starts here. #itstartshere #origincrew
- Professional Land Surveyor, licensed in the State of Iowa.
- Desire and ability to obtain licensure in the States of Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Experience and expertise in preparing boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, land subdivisions and legal descriptions.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Knowledgeable in construction practices related to construction layout.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to obtain work in the survey industry.
- Ability to write agreements for professional services.
- Establish pricing for services, estimating and scoping parameters on a project-by-project basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, contractors, and regulatory bodies.
- Highly motivated individual capable of working either independently, or as a member of a team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in applicable area of expertise is preferred.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Civil-3D and its related survey tools is preferred.
PROJECT RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Serve as Professional of Record.
- Work under the direction of the Team Leader.
- Prepare, review, and modify surveying documents.
- Attend Client meetings.
- Utilize Autodesk Civil 3D software to prepare survey plats and documents.
- Assist with supervision and direction of survey department and technical staff.
- Responsible for developing fees and writing and reviewing proposals and contracts.
- Responsible for project schedules, and timely completion of projects.
- Follows applicable guidelines for project standards as described in the Origin Design QA Policy.
- Help build the professional practice of the firm and enhance its reputation with clients, the public, and the profession.
- Exhibit leadership characteristics.
- Mentor, coach, and inform technical staff of knowledge and methods specific to the surveying profession.
- Assist in development of departmental procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of available and upcoming technology and provide input regarding usefulness as it relates to the firm’s operations.
- Assist in mentoring other members of the department.
- Work-life balance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Remote working options.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Discretionary bonuses.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- ESOP Employee Ownership.
- Strong health care plans.
- Life insurance coverage.
- 401k program with employer match.
- Full Employee Assistance Program.
- Gym membership for you and your spouse.
- Health Savings Account with employer match.
- Continuing education.
- Tuition assistance.
- Relocation assistance.
Origin Design is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.