Hudson Institute is seeking a part-time intern (remote or onsite) to support the Institute's work on diplomacy, the military, and the forces shaping 21st-century international security developments. In addition to being exposed to critical issues in these fields, interns will spend significant time discussing these issues with their expert(s). Interns also attend weekly events featuring experts from Hudson Institute and across Washington, DC. Especially interested in applicants with an interest in nuclear topics, China, and Russia. A strong background in research, writing, and editing is preferred. Research Internship
About Hudson Institute
Hudson Institute is a research-focused public policy think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C, dedicated to promoting American leadership for a secure, free, and prosperous future. For more than half a century, Hudson Institute has been challenging conventional thinking by developing new ideas and practical solutions to shape critical foreign and domestic policy decisions.
- Gathering and analyzing data for inclusion in reports and articles;
- Keeping the expert and team up to date on current events;
- Assisting the expert with research projects and presentations;
- Assisting with articles, op-eds, reports, and briefing papers;
- Assisting with administrative tasks and event support.
How to Apply
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and short, relevant writing sample (2-3 pages) in a single .pdf file. Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we regret that we can only contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview.
- Candidates should be Recent graduates or current students working towards a degree in political science, international relations, strategy, or related fields are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should be able to work independently, manage their time wisely, and meet deadlines.
- Candidates should be detail-focused, reliable, professional, and possess strong research, writing, editing, and analysis skills, as well as excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.