- 60 Hours over 12 Weeks (generally classes are held from 3:30 – 7pm once a week, with one hour of prep time per week)
- $41.00-45.00/hour - Part Time
Who We Are:
AJAC is a statewide non-profit organization. We are an industry-driven apprenticeship organization, founded on the belief that mastery occurs on the job.
AJAC works across the Pacific Northwest in a variety of advanced manufacturing industries—partnering with employers, colleges, school districts, community-based organizations, and workforce development centers to bring apprenticeships to the 21st century. AJAC offers a method for transferring the breadth and depth of knowledge and skills between generations of the workforce, thus promoting the value of contributing to the next generation.
Our organization serves 300+ manufacturing employers, 400 apprentices (including 100 high school juniors and seniors), and nearly 270 pre-apprentices each year. We have a small staff of entrepreneurial, smart, and motivated team members – this work is fast and dynamic but also rewarding and highly collaborative.
About This Job: We are seeking a machinist to instruct courses for our Youth Production Technician Program .
Some Key Duties of This Position Include:
- Teach apprentices three sequenced production technician courses leading to a journey-level production technician.
- Model and teach productive and constructive work habits, study skills, and core skills; and model the communication, computation, and human relation skills required for the modern workforce
- Use our online system to report apprentice attendance and progress on a weekly basis
- Adapt to a variety of teaching situations, including working effectively in both the classroom and the lab environment
- Establish guidelines and manage conduct of students as appropriate for the classroom and shop
- Work with the program manager and make suggestions regarding the curriculum to ensure apprentices receive training in machining operations that address industry needs
- Participate in instructor training and curriculum development meetings
- Communicate effectively in oral and written English
- Perform other duties assigned
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a machinist in the manufacturing industry
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience teaching or mentoring on the job, in a college, or in another vocational environment
Applications received before September 15, 2023, will be prioritized.