The Lab Technician (Finish) contributes to the overall finishing process. This may include all master standard color planks and chips, participates in all new color development and overall improvements in the finish process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Finish Standardization
- Test and Approve all new colors
- Maintain color standards
- Source of Contact for Finish Suppliers
- Source of Contact for Finish Divisions
- Problem Solve finish issues with Team members
- Problem Solve finish issues with Finish Supervisors and Plant Managers
- Monitors process for consistency and overall finish quality
- Furnishes reports as required by Director of Finish
- Reports all processes and related discrepancies and adjustments to the Manager
- Assists in assuring proper operation of finish equipment and processes in all finish aspects of Bertch Cabinets
- Assist in training for standardization of processes within finish
- Assist with improvements with equipment and standardization within finish areas
- Participates and contributes to a Work Team environment and follows quality control checks.
- Contributes to meeting Bertch manufacturing schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education, Training or Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Apply all types of finishes.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work with and train associates in the finishing processes.
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, and move materials up to or exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk an entire shift (can be 8-10 hours)
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and loud noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.