The Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant is responsible for creating a nurturing environment that advances the social-emotional and behavioral health outcomes of children, families, and early childhood professionals at Young Horizons Child Development Centers. The consultant will be responsible for building an equitable, high-quality, accessible, and sustainable early childhood system to support the well-being of children and families. They will bring expertise in the promotion of positive infant and early childhood mental health from a strength-based, culturally responsive, and trauma-informed approach.
- Master’s degree in a license-eligible mental health field such as social work, psychology or related field with a focus or experience in early childhood development.
- Clinical licensure as a LMFT, LCSW, LPCC in California
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with young children and their families as a mental health clinician or other clinical roles.
- Have received the following trainings/certifications:
- Climate of Healthy Interactions for Learning & Development (CHILD) Assessment
- Devereux Early Childhood Assessment-Clinical (DECA-C) Assessment
- DC: 0-5 Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood Training