Developed within an historic Nagawicka Lake waterfront property that first opened in 1905 as the Pleasant View Hotel and Resort, The Commodore – A Bartolotta Restaurant is setting the stage to be the premier dining, catering, and events destination in Wisconsin’s Lake Country. The property will encompass a fine dining restaurant, designated catering and events space, and multiple outdoor experiences, all with majestic lake views.
The General Manager will oversee day-to-day operations of The Commodore – A Bartolotta Restaurant, as well as ensuring delivery of excellent guest experiences, service standards, food and beverage operations, and bringing the true ambiance of The Commodore – A Bartolotta Restaurant to life.
· Recruits, hires, and trains qualified candidates for management & entry-level roles.
· Oversees the day-to-day workflow of the restaurant.
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive, providing recommendations for promotion and salary adjustment as appropriate.
· Assists with start-up, development, and set-up of this new restaurant with the support and guidance of Executive Leadership.
· Collaborates with other departments and managers to set reasonable sales and/or goals.
· Collaborate with the Sales/Catering team to maximize event bookings and revenues.
· Collaborates with Director of Fine Dining to set performance standards.
· Conducts regular team member meetings to ensure that goals and objectives are clearly communicated with team members; provides guidance and leadership to enable team members to meet these goals and objectives.
· Identifies training needs and opportunities; develops as necessary and implements a plan for meeting those needs.
· Maintains and develops positive relationships with existing and prospective guests, demonstrating excellent customer service and setting an example for other staff.
· Participates in community activities to promote the organization and to build goodwill in the lake country area.
· Collaborates with Marketing Team and Leadership regarding advertising, marketing, and revenue growth campaigns.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, delegating when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree and equivalent industry experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience in the restaurant with at least one year as an assistant general manager highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The Bartolotta Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature
of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities