Developed within an historic Nagawicka Lake waterfront property that first opened in 1905 as the Pleasant View Hotel and Resort, The Commodore – A Bartolotta Restaurant is setting the stage to be the premier dining, catering, and events destination in Wisconsin’s Lake Country. The property will encompass a fine dining restaurant, designated catering and events space, and multiple outdoor experiences, all with majestic lake views.
The Catering Sales Manager will ensure The Commodore – A Bartolotta Restaurant continues The Bartolotta Restaurants’ tradition of executing exceptional special events for corporate and social clients. This person will work closely with clients to imagine and realize each event, from intimate gatherings to large celebrations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for driving customer/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer/guest experience. Provides service to customers/guests in order to grow the account on behalf of the company.
· Coordinate all event room needs, as well as sales support. This involves direct sales calls, sales blitzes, and property tours.
· Manage quoting rates, contract development, arranging food and beverage, audio visual
requirements, management of meetings on day of event, posting of charges, presentation of bill and follow up.
· Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering related opportunities with significant revenue potential.
· Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
· Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
· Responsible for working with all clients to provide professional client services support in the planning, organization, and management of events within the facility, monitoring the logistics of these events and all event related tasks after events are concluded. This includes but not limited to working with space requirements, scheduling of events, equipment rentals, tastings, menus, invoicing and theme concept/decorating.
· Partners with group/catering counterparts to effectively manage the business opportunities.
· Develops and maintains relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
· Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property.
· Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and property’s revenue goals.
· Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
· Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
· Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
· Attending management and sales meetings.
· Provide weekly and monthly sales activity reports.
· Develop and deliver sales presentations to potential customers/clients.
· All other tasks as assigned by leadership.
- Able to communicate verbally and issue communication clearly; hearing ability required with all communications.
- Able to relate to staff and customers in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Able to read and write clearly.
- Position requires walking, sitting, standing, and the ability to drive a vehicle.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in Event Planning/Catering and/or a minimum of three-year’s experience in an event planning management role in a catering establishment/venue.
- Certified in food service sanitation as mandated by the state of Wisconsin.
- Experience with information systems related to event planning management or catering sales management.
The Bartolotta Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.