Armstrong Transport Group is a third-party logistics provider headquartered in the vibrant South End neighborhood of Charlotte, NC, with additional locations in Boise, ID, and Schaumburg, IL. Using the power of innovative technology solutions, we create seamless connections for shippers and carriers while delivering exceptional customer experiences. We’re proud to have a diverse community of more than 150 independent agent offices that rely on us to help grow their business and fuel their success. Behind the scenes, our team of over 230 corporate employees provides unwavering support, ensuring that everyone involved in the logistics process receives the care and attention they deserve. Recognized as a US Best Managed Company and a Top Workplace, Armstrong thrives on creating positive experiences and fostering partnerships to help grow careers.
Armstrong Transport Group (ATG) is looking for a Quality Assurance Lead, who will be responsible for ensuring highest software quality with our products and software delivered to business. In this role, you will lead a team of onshore and offshore test analysts, and work closely with cross functional groups such as engineering, product management and DevOps teams. The QA Lead must learn and understand the business requirements by engaging with technology and development team members, product and UX groups, to test those requirements build out new features, document bugs in existing features and how they need to be corrected, as well as assisting in data analysis and reporting as needed. This role will support the QA function by assisting in requirements validation, user story analysis, data, and coordination of testing efforts in the release of our SaaS products. We are seeking an analytical thinker, who has a keen eye for details and will work efficiently to ensure the quality of ATG software programs, systems and applications and to meet and exceed customer expectations.
This is a hybrid position, with Mondays and Wednesdays in the office.
- Lead QA team on daily Sprint activities as well as provide support and guidance/mentorship for team members
- Develop and perform quality test processes and methodologies to ensure highest quality when ATG products are delivered to our transportation network
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, product, and operations to ensure quality remains the core focus within the SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Design and execute test strategy that includes test plans, test cases, automation scripts, manual testing to constantly validate and verify desired business functionality, reliability, stability and performance
- Lead and perform comprehensive quality assessment, including defect identification and usability issues, suggest resolutions with end-users
- Develop and maintain automation modules and frameworks as necessary to be strategic with team’s efforts across ATG product suite
- Work with the product group in ensuring ATG’s product vision, list of features and functions, sizing and quantifying these features and product enhancements, and help with the overall product roadmap
- Monitor, assess, and improve metrics with software quality, brainstorm areas for improvements, and implement corrective actions with engineering teams
- Collaborate with executive stakeholders to ensure testing strategy, test coverage metrics, testing activities and the overall QA functional goals meet ATG tech team’s objectives and goals
- Participates in daily agile ceremonies with technology group to ensure clear visibility of progress and achievements
- Manage and monitor test case reporting toolset, process management and conduct testing cycles for sprints and UAT releases
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in software testing experience, including 2-3 years of leadership experience or managerial role
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and business teams at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Demonstrated track record of effective problem-solving and work effectively in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Experience with testing management toolset, bug tracking systems, and test automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, processes, and best practices
- Proficiency in manual and automated testing techniques and tools
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills required
- Knowledge of SQL, Automation Tools and TestRail preferred, not required.
- Proven leadership skills and team management abilities required
- Use software project management tools such as JIRA, and basic understanding of XML, HTML, etc.
ATG offers medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and HSA benefits on the first of the month following the date of hire. Additional benefits include PTO, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to a 3.5% match.
Armstrong Transport Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.