At MA Design, we work together every day toward our mission of enriching lives through innovative design. Our core values guide our motivation to perform and excel as a team. Working for our firm, you will join a team of over 90 passionate professionals, banded together by a dedication to design and a commitment to community. We are thought leaders, always seeking to leverage our expertise to enhance communities and elevate human experiences. Our company culture is genuine and supportive, built on a foundation of strong relationships, shared passion for great design, and a penchant for fun.
If you are a dynamic, innovative, and driven team player, we’d love to talk.
MA Design is hiring a Designer for our Columbus office. In this role, you will collaboratively work directly with clients and MA project team to develop effective design solutions for a variety of project types which meet the strategic, functional, and budgetary design criteria as established by the client and MA project team.
What you will do:
- Work with project teams on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production.
- Work closely with Project Manager to ensure that all information necessary for the successful production of the design is clearly understood.
- Develop presentation level drawings from conceptual design to final design.
- Take a positive, collaborative, and enthusiastic approach to presenting design concepts both internally and to external clients.
- Establish direction for materials and finishes on projects.
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Assist in managing client expecations and team communication.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Provide ongoing design review as projects progress through the construction document phase.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related field; 7+ years experience
- High level of proficiency in Revit, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent sketching and technical drawing abilities
- Ability to apply creative design solutions to real-world issues.
- Knowledge of materials, construction detailing, construction techniques, Accessibility requirements and building codes
- Positive attitude in line with MA core values
Why choose MA?
Research led and insight driven, we pride ourselves on hiring the best in the industry, giving them the freedom to explore and design as they create space for change.
With firm differentiators like our Sustainability and Experiential Design services, we continue to explore new opportunities as we stay committed to finding the design solutions and strategies that set our clients up for success for now, and what’s next.
By joining MA, you will find yourself fulfilled from your work, driven by your passion in purpose, a part of a culture of collaboration, and a place where you belong, as together we work to design the future of our communities, and beyond.
In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two health insurance plans, plus vision and dental; options for HSA, HRA, and FSA; opportunities for life insurance, disability, critical illness, and accident coverage
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO) bank merges sick, vacation, and personal time, which allows you to the flexibility to use your paid time off as you see fit
- Seven paid holidays, two half-day paid holidays, and three floating holidays
- 401(k) profit sharing plan and retirement savings advising
- Impromptu get-togethers
- Workstation flexibility, including a cafe space, hoteling stations, and standing desk compatibility
- Flexible Schedule
- Ample opportunities for community engagement with our CSR partners
- Casual atmosphere with a supportive and collaborative team
- Always Passionate
- Give More Than You Get
- Relentlessly Innovative
- Stronger Together
- Energetically Optimistic
- Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable
- Treat Others As They Want To Be Treated
MA Design provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MA Design complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MA Design expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MA Design's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.