Safety Management Group (SMG) is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
SMG is seeking a Safety Training Specialist – Indianapolis, IN
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
Provide safety training services to SMG University (SMG U) clients.
- Conduct training at the main office, client locations (job sites/offices/training facilities), or trade association training locations.
- Travel to provide training services as necessary.
- Assist in the development of open enrollment training calendar.
- Tailor training to meet client needs and scope of work.
Develop written safety programs, policies, and training modules.
- Develop new policies as needed by clients.
- Tailor policies to reflect individual companies' scope of work and hazards employees face.
Assume responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination between both SMG and the client.
- Maintain good communication with the client to ensure their expectations are understood and the client understands SMG's planned services, including the anticipated service schedule.
- Inform the client and SMG supervisor of work activities and any significant concerns.
- Provide assistance and support to applicable client personnel.
Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relationships with SMG clients.
- Research and resolve client concerns and questions; properly refers concerns and/or questions when appropriate.
- Inform the client of safety-related activities or concerns.
- Maintain SMG's professional reputation.
- Immediately notify the SMG supervisor of any client complaints or serious service concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education/Learning, Behavioral Psychology, Safety, or a related field from a four-year college or university or one to two years of related experience.
- Willingness to obtain an OSHA 500 level certification and other related certifications is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations is preferred.
- Experience in construction and/or general industry safety preferred.
- Knowledge of adult education theories is preferred but not required.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with groups in English.
Physical Demands of the job may include:
- Moving about long distances
- Ascending/descending stairs and ladders
- Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period
- Working in extreme weather
- Being exposed to loud noises
- Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
SMG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.