About Block Imaging:
When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment, but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration. We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service. Right now, we are accepting application for the role of Field Service Engineer..
Why Block Imaging?
· More than a job
because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services has a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
· Work/life balance
leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life, and the work you do!
we know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
we strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect. Together- desiring to help one another as a complete team.
General Job Description:
Responsible for providing the best quality technical field support and service to our medical imaging customers through servicing, installing, inspecting, testing and technical troubleshooting for medical imaging equipment.
- Service medical imaging equipment focused within specific region.
- To assure that imaging systems are fully calibrated and functioning to OEM performance levels.
- To assure the needs of customers are being met and the system is operating based upon their needs.
- To move the company forward in engineering competency.
- To represent the company in a manner that shows the user, confidence, knowledge, and courtesy.
- Evaluate the equipment, trouble shoot and complete PMs, installations and all related tasks to independently diagnose and resolve electronic, mechanical, and network problems on medical equipment.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot for computer systems on the equipment according to OEM specifications.
- Continual expansion of knowledge base in the repair and installation of equipment.
- Provide advanced-level diagnosis and repair of imaging systems.
- Support management through project feedback and communication of issues and opportunities.
- Be available to handle technical issues and questions.
- Document processes created and educate end users.
- Provide feedback to the office from on-site locations and provide a positive presentation of the company to the individuals on-site.
- This position will involve up to 75 percent travel; flexibility to travel when needed is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to solve problems using initiative and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timelines are met.
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership.
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect.
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success.
- Hold self to a high standard while ensuring projects are completed on time.
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including listening.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research.
Exhibit the Block Core Values of Growth, Integrity, Together, and Honor. Make choices that contribute to the development and reinforcement of the core values.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Improving efficiency of installations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of compliance with safety procedures and regulations.
- Review of the data base for current and accurate data.
- Assess the technical knowledge and ability to maintain and install equipment.
- Feedback from management, co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Review of Performance Evaluation.
- Other key performance metrics.
Education: B.S. degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: 3-7 years’ experience in medical imaging engineering or equivalent.