Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of a fast-paced start-up culture at an organization leading the country in redefining the way we care for patients that typically would be treated in the hospital setting. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of our patients and be a part of shaping a new, innovative space in the health care industry.
The Regional Vice President will champion Contessa’s primary goal – building strong partnerships with leading health systems and physician practices to deliver quality clinical outcomes at lower costs. This is a key position in a new market and will require a balance of leadership skills and the ability to drive deliverables independently. The RVP will work directly with health system and health plan partners in the assigned region while interfacing frequently with Contessa’s executive team and centralized operations in Nashville. We are seeking a dynamic leader with broad and deep experience navigating and optimizing operations across health systems, provider organizations, and health plans. Candidates must have a strong track record of implementing new business models and collaborating effectively with a variety of teams, departments, and stakeholders. The RVP is responsible for the success and productivity of Contessa’s business and clinical operations in the assigned region and will report to Contessa’s Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversight of market; establishing and implementing the most effective strategies and approaches to meet clinical, strategic and financial targets.
- Lead teams of local staff that will be responsible for helping patients through an acute care or post-acute care episode pursuant to the Company’s clinical models.
- Collaborate with centralized departments, such as virtual care teams and business functions, to gain support for local initiatives and to deliver service pursuant to service level agreements.
- Spearhead leadership meetings with health system and payer partners that includes presenting clinical, strategic and financial outcomes.
- Partner with health system leadership to align under a common vision to achieve partnership goals.
- Establish relationships with new providers that will serve patients, including negotiating terms and rates of provider participation agreements.
- Ensure assigned market has a strong sense of Company culture: celebrating successes, sharing learning opportunities, being accountable for results and hiring passionate people that share Contessa’s vision and commitment to patients.
- Educate provider and payer communities to allow more patients to gain access to the Company’s services.
- Lead implementation process of new health system and payer relationships within market.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or significant healthcare leadership experience required.
- Leadership: 5+ years of experience leading healthcare operations is required, with demonstrated ability to set up new teams and navigate complexity across payers, providers, and health systems. Fluency with payment methodologies and experience leading transitions from existing methods to new operations are also required.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to convey information efficiently and effectively to a broad variety of stakeholders and audiences, including preparation and presentation of materials to high level executives.
- Collaboration: Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment in dealing with key partners, staff and clients.
- Innovative, perceptive, and willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish our mission. Ability to inspire people at all levels of the organization; easy to work with and naturally gains the confidence of others.
- Strategic Thinking: Awareness of what it will take to achieve long term success, with the ability to anticipate obstacles and deploy tactics that will surmount them.
- Flexibility: Comfortable switching gears frequently and helping others adapt to change, particularly in environments with a mix of rapid evolution and longstanding practices.
- Patient Focused: Deep appreciation of how every operational move and decision impacts patient experience.
- Analytical Expertise: Strong ability to process disparate information and frame data analysis for decision making. Affinity for quantitative tasks and agility with analytical tools and programs.
- Project Management: Able to manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities quickly, creatively, and productively
Skills & Abilities:
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical skills
- Regulatory Compliance
- Information Systems
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.