The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB, Inc.) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and reliable Resource Center Assistant to support the day-to-day activities of our Resource Center. Our ideal candidate has effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing; experience with creating resumes; great time management and organizational skills; can juggle various tasks in a timely manner; operates in a professional and ethical manner and has excellent customer services skills. Ultimately, this person should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals, results and the overall effectiveness of the center. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Resource Center Supervisor, the Resource Center Assistant performs a variety of responsible and complex technical and administrative duties. Such duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in all aspects of work as well as be able to make appropriate decisions to best serve customers/ clients’ needs;
- Translate to Spanish speaking clients as needed;
- Assist the front desk with customer service, which may include greeting clients, answering phones and handling clerical tasks as needed;
- Test administrators for our WIA Program, and Administer the typing and software certified tests;
- Assist in resume writing to incoming clients and assist in the universal access with resume questions and other, email, online applications and a variety of resources;
- Provide assistance in the Resources Center to customers involved in their job search, including working on the computer, developing resume and cover letter, researching jobs and industries;
- Monitor computers and electronic equipment to ensure working order and immediately report any problem with equipment to IT or maintenance;
- Assist with researching various résumé programs and writing techniques;
- Secure and post job leads daily, generate new jobs leads, and maintain contacts with job and career networks to provide timely job information for adults in all aspects of career transition;
- Maintain information on social services, rehabilitation, disability and other external resources for clients;
- Perform job development by screening leads from Internet resources, telephone, and personal contacts, and referrals;
- Participate in presentation of workshops on resume writing, computer skills, and mock interview sessions to help clients with job readiness, job search skills, job placement issues, and job retention;
- Participate in staff meetings to provide updates on activities and to report any concerns related to the Resource Center;
- Other related duties as required.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate degree in social sciences, Business, Public Administration or a relevant field
- at least one (1) year of experience in a similar position; or any satisfactory combination of experience, education and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the below duties (education may be substituted by experience on a year-for-year basis).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish); must be able to read, write and speak both languages proficiently.
- Must have outstanding customer service and people skills and be able to work with others of diverse backgrounds, opinions and needs, while fostering and maintaining positive working relationships;
- Must possess personal qualities related to respect for the rights and confidentiality of others and apply discretion at all times;
- Must have great organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in an efficient and timely manner and work well under pressure;
- Must have good verbal and written-communication skills and be attentive to detail and accuracy;
- Must be proficient working with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and be capable of learning and using virtual meeting platforms such as ZOOM, Teams, etc.
Employee may also be required to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk, with some lifting and bending.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members. Performing duties of this position may require wearing protective equipment (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.), and following protective measures enforced by the Company, City, County, State and/or Federal Authorities as it relates to current states of emergencies (e.g., pandemics) or the functions of this position.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position (40 hours/week), with a starting hourly wage commensurate with experience. Our Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, which includes 75% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. Employer is eligible for student loan forgiveness (PSLF). All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period.