The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB, Inc.) is seeking an energized, motivated and competent individual with excellent customer service skills to function as a Career Services Administrative Assistant (CSAA) in support of our staff assigned to our America’s Job Center of California located in Inglewood, CA. The ideal person must be able to take initiative, productively manage his/her time with or without supervision and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively, positively and effectively with others from diverse disciplines, backgrounds, and ethnicities. This person must also have strong customer service skills, good communication skills and great organizational skills with an ability to work well under stress while efficiently managing various tasks. Overall, this person is reliable and contributes to the successful achievement of goals for the department and overall organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision of the Career Services Center Manager, or designee, the duties of the Administrative Assistant – Case Management will be, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer phones, forward calls, take messages and assist in performing clerical functions;
- Perform a variety of duties related to a specific case management projects or programs;
- Construct letters, reports, requisitions and other documents using Word;
- Set up and maintain client and project files;
- Data entry into systems housing follow-up and exit information for clients;
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of office or related supplies and materials;
- Collect, review and chart program timesheets;
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients and stakeholders;
- Collaborate with SBWIB, Inc., staff to meet organizational goals;
- Provide administrative support and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in a related field;
- Good working knowledge of administrative procedures
- At least one (1) year of experience in the delivery of social service programs/job training and development, with case management duties (or any satisfactory combination of experience, education and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the below duties)
- Must have good MS Word and EXCEL skills
- Must be able to demonstrate dependability, promptness, punctuality and professionalism at all times
- Must have excellent time management skills, be able to work well under pressure, and be able to meet deadlines
- Reliable transportation with valid California Driver’s License and insurance are required
- Must also be able to successfully pass background and reference clearances and follow all safety protocols enforced by the Company and as listed under the below working conditions
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members. Performing duties of this position will require wearing protective equipment (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.,), and following protective measures enforced by the Company, City, County, State and/or Federal Authorities as it relates to current states of emergencies (e.g., pandemics) or the functions of this position. Note: Measures may change based on level of safety concerns.
Employee may also be required to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk, with some lifting and bending. Must also be able to travel to other locations for trainings, conferences and/or meetings within or outside our local area. Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is a must.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, nonexempt position (40 hours/week), with a starting hourly wage commensurate with experience. Our Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, which includes 75% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. Employer is eligible for student loan forgiveness (PSLF). All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period.