Job Title: Strategic Buyer Department: Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Exempt Travel: Limited
Reports to: Global Supply Chain Manager Location: Nicholasville, KY
Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) delivers proven locking solutions that protect people and assets to the government, financial institutions and communities around the world. A trusted Global brand, Sargent & Greenleaf leads the industry in providing businesses solutions to customers who require quality and reliable high-security locking systems.
Our unique portfolio of locks and locking systems serves a wide range of our customers’ security needs across industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
- Own, maintain, and coordinate in-bound material shipments to ensure timely receipt of materials to meet production schedules
- Review requisitions and create purchase orders with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships consistent with procedures and working with Quality, Engineering and Finance related to vendor onboarding, vendor reviews, vendor partner network
- Researches, analyzes and forecasts current and future buying trends
- Purchase stock and special order material based on established procedures utilizing the NetSuite system, reports, and inventory classification
- Follow up with suppliers concerning order status and delivery and communicate delivery information to impacted departments
- Develops and maintains required purchasing records and reports
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times
- Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks)
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development
- Responsible for managing a variety of indirect categories including, but not limited to, Maintenance Repair & Operational (MRO) such as: packaging components (shrink wrap, corrugation, tape), equipment parts and supplies
- Development of strategy and approach, compiling scope of work and other requirements, drafting the RFx, evaluation of the vendor proposals, and negotiation of final business terms
- Research market and pricing data to develop analytics to support negotiation strategies and justify award decisions
- Drive for best practices within the Supply Chain to improve TCO
- Develops and maintains required purchasing records and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required with an emphasis in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Strong understanding of the Project Management process
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- 1-3 years experience in supply chain, logistics, sourcing
- Ability to self-direct and take some action in ambiguous situations
- Must have demonstrated experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Experience with NetSuite is highly preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
S&G Vision & Values:
S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Must be a champion of the S&G corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.
S&G is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.