The core mission of the Bindery / Finisher Lead is to assist the Production Manager in ensuring the efficient day-to-day manufacturing operation in the Outreach Marketing Products division. This individual participates in scheduling resources and direct coordination of the staff to ensure best practices in meeting and exceeding high standards in productivity and quality of work. The Lead aims to maximize the organization’s operational growth and profitability while working with the Manager in leading and supervising all bindery and finishing production functions, including but not limited to, productivity, accuracy, and consistency in the manufacturing process, quality assurance, repairs/maintenance, scheduling, shop floor data collection, and staffing.
We believe our team members are our greatest asset and so we invest in them and our culture. Our employee benefits options are constantly growing, and currently include:
- 2-week Vacation and 9 Holidays
- Comprehensive HSA Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Free Adventure Equipment Check-out Program
- Sick Leave & Volunteer Day
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Buy-Up of 26 or 52 hrs/yr
- Assist in and oversee training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and maximizing productivity of employees.
- Communicate job expectations and details; plan, monitor, and review jobs and related activities.
- Make sure that all directions and expectations are understood clearly and fully by all related associates.
- To manage material staging and location, job ticket details, accuracy, quantities, etc. for all the job components before assigning activities and transferring them to the appropriate function and/or department.
- Confirm quality control checks throughout the processes.
- Confirm the accuracy of packaging and labels.
- Drive the highest levels of productivity by way of goal/expectation setting of minimal outputs (with units per hour reference).
- Work closely with all functional areas as necessary to ensure that the production plan fulfills customers’ requirements in productivity and quality.
- Keep the necessary managers and supervisors informed of any changes or urgencies in project requests or status that may be compromised.
- Communicate with department managers for shift priorities, including but not limited to Print, Bindery/Finishing, Mailhouse, and Fulfillment/Warehouse.
- At the beginning/end of shifts.
- Maintain auditing log and photos from QC spot check.
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and workflow best practices.
- Make sure all job tickets are with the appropriate product at all times.
- Make sure each job bag has samples of the finished product (when required).
- Assist managers and supervisors in keeping projects on approved schedule.
- Daily system updates including but not limited to project on-time data collection and job floor progression markers.
- Identify end-of-job overs/unders and alert appropriate team members in order to determine whether to ship at the current quantity.
- Availability to work occasional overtime hours, longer days, and weekends when needed.
- Gain Outreach process knowledge as quickly as possible.
- Support company culture by commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Outreach.
- Display well-rounded knowledge and understanding of equipment and processes in our bindery and finishing operations.
- Strong communicator.
- Driven and focused in a way that promotes professional excellence.
- Sound basic math skills.
- Able to operate basic equipment – pallet jacks, scales.
- Become intimate with the internal job system, data collection, reading job tickets, schedules, POs, and other specific requirements for Outreach processes.
- All other duties as so assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High Diploma or GED
- 4-5 years of experience, preferably in perfect bound book production.
- Able to be on your feet most of the day.
- Able to lift up to 50-pound packages.
- Work in climate controlled environment
- Machinery noise is continual
- Overtime as needed throughout the year
All Outreach employees are expected to maintain these five core values:
- Stewardship – Efficient management of people, time, money, resources, and responsibilities.
- Agility – Helps Outreach seize opportunities with demonstrations of flexibility and adaptability.
- Integrity – Earns the trust and confidence of coworkers and customers through ethical and professional behavior.
- Teamwork – Promotes a team-first atmosphere inside and across departments to ensure the success of the project, the company, and individuals.
- Continuous Improvement – Proactively analyzes processes in order to optimize, improve, and implement new systems or strategies.
Outreach, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.