We are seeking a full-time candidate to join our Houston team as a legal assistant. Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Experience and Skills:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the team including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence and presentations that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Maintain litigation calendar for the team, including case deadlines pursuant to Texas Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Contact court and other necessary parties in order to schedule hearings, depositions, mediations, and other case related events.
- Prepare correspondence and other case related documents.
- Point of contact for incoming calls and visitors.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, and proactively.
- College degree required;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical and detail oriented, while working at a fast pace and capable of multi-tasking;
- Develop professional relationships and build rapport with others;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Technically savvy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Compensation is based on experience. Firm benefits include medical, dental, vision, accident, cancer, critical illness, long term care, LTD, STD, 401(k), paid parking and lunch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.