Position: Senior Audio Visual Design Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
About HB Communications, Inc.
HB Communications is among the largest Audio-Visual Systems Integration specialists in the United States. Founded in 1946, HB has spent over 70 years providing innovative methods for collaborative communications. Headquartered in Connecticut, HB has additional offices in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and London, England, along with personnel throughout the US and Europe. HB provides expert solutions, staff, and services, in every aspect of delivering and supporting the most complex requirements, including: AV, Video Collaboration, Digital Media, Broadcast, Managed Services, and Live Events.
This person will lead engineering efforts on all sizes and complexities of audio/video systems, to fulfill the needs of our clients. Some supervisory/oversight responsibilities. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
• During pre-sale, assist with detailing project scopes of large scale, inclusive of bills of material, and proposal documentation for design-build projects. Serve as a technical resource for sales staff and customers.
• Assist as needed in estimating consultant-driven bids.
• Attend field surveys for needs assessment in areas of equipment and personnel.
• During the project lifetime, oversee the preparation of the necessary design drawings and coordination documentation for installations.
• Develop custom product solutions.
• Mentor junior engineers. Supervise other engineers and draftspeople in collaborative project efforts.
• Act as a technical resource for mid-level engineers, technicians and drafting staff.
• Develop knowledge and personal abilities/skills in order to maintain/improve depth and
currency with this field of work.
• 6 years design experience desired.
• InfoComm CTS-D required.
• Technical Skills – Ability to convert customer needs and requirements into system descriptions and bills of material. Must be able to communicate proposed system functionalities to customers.
• Software Proficiency – MS Office applications and AutoCAD required. Familiarity with control and DSP programming is a plus.
• Operational Skills – Extensive knowledge of audio, video and control systems as well as architectural coordination and cabling requirements. Proficiency with various network designs and applications. Strong basic math and writing skills. Major manufacturer training desired.
• Personal Skills – Detail-oriented. Organized. Well-honed oral and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to direct the work of others. Ability to research and train on products as self-directed. Technical supervisory experience sought.
HB Communications, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.