The Treasury and Financial Manager is responsible for financial planning as well as for treasury and finance risk management for the Latino Community Credit Union (LCCU) family of organizations, currently LCCU and Latino Community Development Center. Main responsibilities include credit union cash management and forecasting, financial modeling, asset/liability management, and collaborating on the annual budgeting process.
- Manage reporting for financial analyses, cash management, and forecasting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Manage daily liquidity, credit union cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and funds available for investment. Develop cash target to support efficient liquidity management.
- Develop reporting and modelling capabilities required to support short-term and long-term liquidity forecasting needs. Ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Establish financial projections to inform financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources and developing action plans.
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning.
- Evaluate feasibility of new projects such as branch openings, purchase or sales of loans, acquisition of other credit unions, etc.
- Perform leasing analyses of property, plant, and equipment.
- Collaborate on the preparation of budgets and conduct periodic analysis of budget variance, reporting any significant issues to management.
- Provide guidance regarding investment decisions and oversee execution of approved redemptions and purchases.
- Analyze, propose and conducts changes to deposit and loan rates as necessary.
- Provide analysis and calculations to collaborate on monthly provision for current expected credit losses.
- Develop treasury reporting dashboards and track KPIs and recommend benchmarks to measure performance.
- Support manages interest rate risk. Coordinate the Asset/Liability Committee and prepare reports, trends, and analyses.
- Support develops an efficient system of procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities, financial management, and provide support for regulatory reporting.
- Ensure appropriate signatories on banking relationships and maintain banking relationships with other financial service providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field, such as Business, Finance, or Accounting, with 8 years of related experience in finance and treasury management, preferably with a financial institution and a track record of increased responsibilities.
- Professional proficiency in English. Spanish proficiency is preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments, credit facilities and treasury best practices.
- Knowledge of forecasting, budgeting, and related accounting.
- Required system proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, with superior Excel skills and proficiency in database extraction, preferably SQL. Knowledge of data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau or QlikView.
- Strong financial modeling and experience in analysis of multi-system outputs.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with clarity as well as attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and proactively.
- Team player with the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to our mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical requirements: Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, use the computer and telephone to complete work, and lift up to 30 pounds at times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified.
Benefits: We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.