Position: Audio Visual Design Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA
Reports to: Director of Engineering, Drafting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
Note: The successful candidate is expected to regularly report to the North Haven, CT office.
About HB Communications, Inc.
HB Communications is among the largest Audio-Visual Systems Integration specialists in the United States. Founded in 1946, HB has spent over 70 years providing innovative methods for collaborative communications. Headquartered in Connecticut, HB has additional offices in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and London, England, along with personnel throughout the US and Europe. HB provides expert solutions, staff, and services, in every aspect of delivering and supporting the most complex requirements, including: AV, Video Collaboration, Digital Media, Broadcast, Managed Services, and Live Events.
This person will engineer mid-level audio/video systems to fulfill the needs of our clients. Facilitates work on more complex projects, under the supervision of a Senior Design Engineer. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
• During pre-sale, assist with detailing project scopes, bills of material, and proposal documentation for more complicated design-build projects. Serve as a technical resource for sales staff.
• Assist as needed in estimating consultant-driven bids.
• Attend field surveys for needs assessment in areas of equipment and personnel.
• During the project lifetime, oversee the preparation of the necessary design drawings and coordination documentation for installations.
• Develop custom product solutions.
• Mentor junior engineers. Supervise drafts-people in collaborative project efforts.
• Act as a technical resource for associate engineers, technicians and drafting staff.
• Develop knowledge and personal abilities/skills in order to maintain/improve depth and currency with this field of work.
NOTE: This list of job responsibilities is not an all-inclusive list, this is a general description.
HB Communications, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.