About Block Imaging:
If you're looking for a company that values community, respect, integrity, innovation, and pursuit of excellence, Block Imaging may be the organization for you. We're a fast-paced organization accepting applications for the full-time role of Mechanical Field Technician, in our Holt, MI headquarters.
Why Block Imaging?
Be part of a positive work community where team member's ideas and contributions are valued.
· Offering a healthy work life balance.
· Our culture encourages professional development and seeking out opportunities for growth.
· The medical imaging industry is a stable and growing worldwide market.
Life at Block Imaging:
Don't be fooled by our casual attire. Though casual in dress, we are an innovative group focused on making great business decisions. We've built our culture on transparency, authenticity, and teamwork. We strive to work hard and play hard; and we enjoy Summer BBQs, Holiday Parties, Annual Retreat, Book Clubs, Lunch & Learns, and the occasional Ping-Pong and Foosball Tournaments to let off some steam.
General Job Description:
Responsible for installations, removals and basic troubleshooting of medical imaging equipment. Communicate status of projects with supervisor and engineering team to coordinate activities and provide a positive representation of the company in the process of engineering work.
- To support the overall goal of fast, efficient and safe engineering projects
- To develop expertise in mechanical installation/removal of imaging equipment
- To maintain a safe, clean and functioning facility
- Perform mechanical staging, “cabling up”, moving, and installation of imaging equipment
- Perform tear down and removal of imaging equipment
- Facilitate decontamination and inventory of incoming systems
- Develop a professional knowledge of equipment
- Appropriately dispose of potentially hazardous materials
- Documentation of work performed
- Working respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others, both internally and on job sites, in the best interest of the company
- This position will involve up to 50 percent travel; so, flexibility to travel when needed
- Assist in maintaining the facilities, assuring cleanliness, organization of equipment, and safety
- Handling any other duties as assigned
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner
- Mechanical aptitude with desire to solve problems using initiative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timelines are met
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations
- Basic ability in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research
- Comply with Key Performance Indicators
Exhibit the Block Core Values of Community, Respect, Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, and Innovation. Make choices that contribute to the development and reinforcement of the core values.
Education: An Associate’s Degree preferred in a technical area, i.e. electronics, mechanics, computer technology, etc.
Experience: Hands-on mechanical/electrical experience and ability to earn a Chauffeur’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer competency
- Communication, especially listening and speaking
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Self-starter who fills “down time” in productive ways
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history
- Submit to and successfully complete MVR and criminal background check and drug screen.
- Submit to and pass a medical exam required under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and a written examination if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Drivers must comply with on-the-job driver’s safety training if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Must be 21 or older to drive company vehicle.
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Benefits and Perks
We live out our mission, People Matter, through the care and benefits we provide our team.
Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at sixteen days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
Profit Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
Investment Plan/Budgeting: Investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and a generous company match. And financial planning tools and training.
Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% up to one thousand dollars starting at 90 days and increasing to twenty-five hundred dollars after two years.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to three weeks of paid parental leave following a qualified Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) qualified and approved leave.
Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual.