ABOUT ALL CHICAGO MAKING HOMELESSNESS HISTORY (ALL Chicago MHH):
All Chicago MHH’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago MHH prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago MHH brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership! Come to work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
We are looking for an experienced Director to manage staff, oversee multiple areas of focus within All Chicago, and work closely with numerous external partners to advance All Chicago MHH efforts to prevent and end homelessness. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills, and the ability to manage a team effectively. The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing work strategies that will help drive our mission, vision, and values in effort to achieve our overall organizational goals.
Desired Core Competencies:
- Leadership: Able to assemble and lead a team that learns and strives toward excellence.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Demonstrated willingness to adapt to changing situations and work in diverse settings.
- System Oriented: Understands the complex nature of the issue of homelessness, and able to identify system-level solutions to advance Chicago’s efforts to end homelessness.
- Provide strategic leadership for the oversight of housing teams, including establishing and/or reviewing processes, workflows, program goals, and establishment of work plan that will set goals, timelines and expectations.
- Ensure successful accomplishment of program goals and refinements/revisions directly and through supervision/direction of team members.
- Provide oversight for numerous subcontracted partners using an Active Contract Management approach, working closely with All Chicago staff to monitor spend down, accomplishment of deliverables, and accurate and complete data entry.
- Design opportunities to incorporate voices of people with lived experience into the development and refinement of program design, processes and workflows.
- Act as an ambassador for All Chicago in all settings, demonstrating a commitment to the organizational mission, Emergency Fund programming and Chicago Continuum of Care system priorities.
- Respond to and address the concerns of various stakeholders in a professional and timely manner, including service providers, staff, government officials, People with Lived Experience of homelessness, and other community members.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to oversee the development and implementation of the All Chicago strategic plan objectives and ensure they are in alignment with the organization and direct reports’ workplans.
- Serve as an agency leader and liaison with other departments, communicating effectively with supervisors, peers, and partners in written, oral and in-person communication in both groups and at public events.
- Think creatively in the development, design, and creation of new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Justice or another related field is required. Master’s degree in one of these fields preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of social services or related experience.
- Excellent professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Goal-oriented and results-driven.
- Solid knowledge of the Chicago CoC, permanent supportive housing
- Solid interpersonal skills, professional presence, and ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Proven track record of being self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment is strongly preferred.
- Proven project management skills required.
- Proven management skills with the ability to motivate, stimulate and inspire teams to maximize their efforts in productivity and quality.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office Suite of products including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel required.
We offer comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability, employer-matched retirement plan, paid leave, and more