Are you a cutting-edge thinker who wants to make IT a competitive advantage? Do you have the vision to conceive, specify and implement a total approach to IT where all of the parts integrate into a greater whole? If so, then this position is for you.
As Vice President of Information Technology for Hirsch Pipe, you will lead the company’s IT strategy and oversee all aspects of information systems with a focus on driving innovation. You will provide the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for all IT projects, infrastructure and initiatives, including application development, systems and database management, cyber security, technical support, operational productivity, and emerging technology. In addition, you will be at the forefront of the company’s approach to the customer interface, integrating e-commerce, mobile and traditional channels into a consistent omni-channel experience.
What this position offers
- Opportunity to impact the future of the business
- Leading a strong team of IT professionals who want to keep learning and growing
- You will be part of a highly engaged and collaborative executive team
- IT is a high priority at Hirsch and we are investing in our future
- Great pay and excellent benefits, including profit sharing
- You have 10+ years’ experience managing or directing an IT operation in wholesale distribution or manufacturing
- You have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related fields
- You are experienced with ERP Systems including Legacy Systems, Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure), Cyber Security Applications, CRM Applications, EDI Systems, VoIP Communications, Cisco Networking, VMWare/Virtualization and Ecommerce Systems
- Deep understanding of software development best practices and principles such as Agile and familiarity with software testing and deployment frameworks.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in regards to software engineering technical decisions and execution strategies based on hard experience
- You have experience with infrastructure designs and the ability to balance tradeoffs of cost vs. benefit to accessing and securing data
- Working knowledge in Database Management and development in various platforms including SQL, NOSQL, RD
- Must be able to think technical strategy and growth (both from a business and people skill set point of view). Ability to review and critique engineering design and architectural decisions
- Someone who can lead and yet be comfortable with the "player-coach" mindset (not afraid to jump in, roll up your sleeves and rally the team around a development or deployment effort)
Founded in 1933, Hirsch Pipe & Supply is Southern California’s largest independent distributor of plumbing, heating, and industrial supplies. Hirsch operates over 27 locations in Southern California, and distributes products regionally, nationally and throughout the world. We proudly support our motto: Hirsch has it…
Hirsch has grown dramatically over the past 5 years, creating opportunities for talented individuals to achieve personal, professional, and financial rewards. Our workplace is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and the Hirsch team is made up of focused individuals who work hard, treat each other with respect, and understand the importance of family. We have been recognized nationally and regionally as a Best Workplace. In short, Hirsch is your chance for a great future!
Your team is based out of our Van Nuys Corporate Office, but we have offices in San Juan Capistrano and we are open to a flexible schedule including remote work for the right candidate.
Please contact us www.hirsch.com
Job Type: Full-time