Inscripta® is a life science technology company committed to creating a cleaner, healthier, and more sustainable world through biomanufacturing. A global leader in genome engineering, our innovations are designed to unlock the full potential of the bioeconomy. We are committed to the continued development of critical technologies that enable scientists to bolster and expand domestic biomanufacturing, and spur new, safe, and secure biotech innovations. Inscripta supports customers around the world from facilities in Pleasanton and Burlingame, California. Inscripta is committed to cutting-edge science, purposeful work, healthy work-life flexibility, and competitive compensation & benefits.
We are seeking a Research Associate II/III in our Burlingame location.
The candidate will be a part of the high-throughput screening group, with primary responsibility for running screening operations for high-value products made by engineered strains of E. coli, S. cerevisiae, and other microbes. In addition, the candidate will contribute to the development and optimization of new high throughput and microfermentation assays, including automated sample preparation. They will work collaboratively with the rest of the team to optimize strain performance using our GenoScalerTM technology platform in rapid phenotyping of microorganisms. This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team, the ability to follow SOPs and run consistent operations, and an interest in continuously developing and improving our ability to characterize production strain through high throughput screening.
Primary responsibilities (not limited to):
- Follow established protocols to run consistent and reliable screening operations that achieve goals for data quality
- Collaborate to develop and optimize media composition, cell growth, process, and screening of various target biomolecules (and side-products) in HTP microtiter plates.
- Collaborate to develop novel sample prep and HTP spectroscopic assays, as necessary, to detect growth and titer for target biomolecules in microtiter plates and scale-up fermentations.
- Work closely with all teammates on the design, development, and implementation of microfermentations, assays, sample preparation, and detection methods to support projects.
- Perform day-to-day instrument operation and some maintenance and troubleshooting of the automation and liquid handling systems. ? Maintain accurate laboratory records and comply with safety and biohazard guidelines.
- Participate in the generation of hypotheses, independent data analysis, and independent troubleshooting of techniques.
- Present work at team meetings, technical meetings, and external conferences.
- BS/MS in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering with 1-2 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with HTS operations, microfermentations and/or biochemical assay development and operation is a plus
- Highly flexible and a good team player
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Starting salary range: $70,000 - $110,000 per year. This salary range is provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range.
At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be