Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson’s Mission:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson offers our young people a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves around dedicated adult mentors who respect and listen to them. Outcome-based programs empower youth to become lifelong learners.
The Intake Assistant is responsible for the initial assessment of members seeking services to establish the needs and care of our members under our CalVIP Program. The Intake Assistant will be responsible for greeting members, completing all admission and/or service paperwork, creating member files and entering all data/documentation digitally into member files.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
· Assist participants seeking youth services with required paperwork.
· Responsible for data entry of membership information for all youth.
· Creating and maintaining files for each youth served.
· Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and thoroughly.
· Assist with answering phones, filing, typing, and general office support.
· Maintain an organized working area with all needed supplies, documents, etc.
· Must provide information to all visitors, with a friendly/helpful attitude, offering array of services available through Boys & Girls Club.
· Complete grant related required documentation/paperwork/registration.
· Responsible for entering data on all youth.
· Schedule appointments with case managers for youth as required.
· Assist with special events.
· Utilize the member tracking system to track attendance, payments, program participation and other data.
· Maintain files with all required data, documents, report cards, certificates, and ensure all documents are filed appropriately.
· Supervise youth in need of behavior intervention, special support, or intervention.
· Communicate minor incidents and day to day activities with parents.
· Inform supervisor of major incidents and seek guidance in handling these situations appropriately, as instructed.
· Assume Other Duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents, vendors and others to assist in helping participants seeking services.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years office or reception experience.
- Strong knowledge of outreach strategies and community services.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to culturally diverse participants.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Experience/interest in working with youth and families.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent office skills, including phone skills, receptionist skills.
- Proficient Computer literacy and computer troubleshooting skills.
- Strong and timely documentation and assessment skills.
- Ability to learn new programs for tracking membership data, etc.
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Bilingual -Spanish/English skills are desired.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Extensive knowledge including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Mandatory CPR/First Aid Certifications and TB clearance.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
Environment and Working Conditions
Tasks are regularly performed with moderate exposure to environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, and temperature and noise extremes.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of standing for long periods of time, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees
in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees
assigned to this job.