Adult & Child Health is a growing 501c (3) not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization based in Indianapolis servicing multiple locations. A&C is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer flexibility, generous PTO (starting at 4 weeks), an immediately vested 401K, competitive benefits, career growth, staff development dollars, student loan reimbursement, clinical supervision hours, sponsorship, and much more!
The Company: At Adult & Child Health we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration, diversity, and innovation across our organization. This environment gives our staff the opportunity to enhance current skills and build new capabilities, while providing excellent care for our clients and employees.
Adult & Child Health is an integrated healthcare provider in Central Indiana. We are a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center and a Federally Qualified Health Center look alike; we strive to provide the best in healthcare services. Providing high-quality, affordable care including primary care, behavioral health services, substance abuse treatment, mobile crisis response, community-based services, homeless outreach, school-based treatment, and more.
About this role: The primary goal of our mobile crisis team is to lessen trauma, divert from emergency departments or the criminal justice system, and prevent unnecessary psychiatric hospitalizations. This position will support clients and community members that are in crisis to maintain safety, access services, and connect to appropriate care. This position will partner with team members to co respond in the community, while also providing follow up via phone for check ins and assisting clients in accessing resources needed. This position’s goal is to provide support to individuals in crisis through shared lived experience.
The Location and hours: A&C is based in Central Indiana. For this position, we service the following county: Johnson
Three 12 hour shifts (8am-8pm) and One 4 hour remote shift, weekends are needed, opportunity for overtime!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide crisis intervention/emergency services by supporting and/or assessing risk, development of safety plans, reporting of any abuse or neglect, or any other emergency situations.
- Following up with clients who reached out to the afterhours crisis line to follow up and make sure they can connect clients to appropriate level of treatment.
- Supporting individual in identifying goals, treatment options, and resources needed and connecting individual to appropriate services/resources.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships by maintaining open and professional communication with Team Leaders, clients, other consumers/constituencies, referral sources, staff/team members.
- Complete documentation timely and accurately, maintaining ethical standards of Adult & Child Health.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Up to 12 months of specialized training
- All applicants must be either a Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) in the State of Indiana, or meet the eligibility requirements for the Certified Recovery Specialist Program for the State of Indiana. It will be required that a candidate hired without the certification must become certified with the first 3 months of employment to retain their position. Certification requires that a candidate “have lived experiences receiving mental health or substance use treatment and have been in recovery for at least one year”. More information can be obtained at http://www.peernetworkindiana.org
Some Key Benefits to Highlight:
- We offer full clinical supervision for licensure.
- We also offer staff development dollars for every employee.
- We offer H1B sponsorship for therapists.
- We have an immediately vested 401k
- Our DEIB Commission supports and encourages our taskforces such as Black Culture Awareness, DEIB Committees, HOPE, LGBTQ+ and more to come.
How to Apply:
- We want to know all about you so please send us your most updated resume. Cover letter is optional.
- You can apply here or directly on our website at www.adultandchild.org go to our careers page and apply for the job(s) that you.
- Application deadline is 9/30/2023