Marengo Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biotech company, develops novel TCR-targeting antibodies that selectively modulate common and disease-specific T cell subsets of the germline TCR repertoire to provide lifelong protection against cancer and other diseases. With a passionate team of dedicated scientists experienced in immunology and oncology, Marengo’s proprietary Selective T Cell Activation Repertoire (STAR) platform leverages an extensive biological understanding of T cell function and receptor signaling to create a world in which everyone’s immune system can defeat cancer. To learn more, visit marengotx.com.
STAR0602 is Marengo’s lead program, the first selective T cell activator generated from Marengo’s STAR platform, a library of antibodies targeting non-clonal variable (V)ß regions of the TCR fused to different co-stimulatory moieties. STAR0602 selectively targets a common Vb T cell subset present in all cancers and, by combining a novel non-clonal mode of TCR activation with a T cell co-stimulator in the same molecule, promotes expansion of a new population of clonally enriched, effector memory Vb T cells that turbo-charge immune system and promote a durable anti-tumor immune response. STAR0602 has undergone extensive preclinical testing, which demonstrates potent anti-tumor activity in both mouse and human ex vivo tumor models attributed to a distinct mechanism of action from existing cancer immunotherapies.
Role: VP Program Management
Overview: We are seeking a highly experienced VP (or Senior Director) of Program Management to join our rapidly growing team at Marengo. With the support of the CMO and working closely with colleagues in R&D Finance and Strategy, the VP of Program Management will lead the program management function across preclinical and clinical stage programs at Marengo. This role will coordinate cross-functional teams, develop program strategy, timelines, and milestones to attain program and corporate objectives and serve as the primary point of contact for all aspects of their programs. Responsibilities will include the use of best practices in the management and integration of diverse activities of drug development, including discovery, preclinical research, CMC and clinical manufacturing, regulatory affairs, clinical development, commercial, corporate strategy, and finance, to help the project teams deliver projects on time and within budget. Initial focus for this role will include both program management of Marengo’s lead clinical asset in Ph1/2, as well as management of its early assets in lead discovery and pre-clinical development.
Who are we looking for?
· You are an energetic and passionate R&D PM professional who likes to think outside of the box, challenge the norm, and is passionate about the company’s mission of discovering and developing new medications
· You are a resourceful self-starter and team player with a strong results orientation
· You consider yourself a guru in all the critical program management clinical stage organization areas
· You can develop trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results at all levels of the organization
What are we looking for?
· A driven professional who knows how to work and contribute to an ever-changing working environment
· A collegial individual who enjoys working in close collaboration with leaders in the research, development, manufacturing, quality, clinical, and administrative areas of the company
· A willingness to learn new things, adapt to new ways and go with the flow
· A person who thrives in a small company atmosphere
· Ability to determine task priority and maintain established deadlines
What are we offering?
· Membership within a growing, CARING, and collegial organization
· Being part of a passionate, involved, and cutting-edge R&D organization
· Exposure to pioneering science and the discovery of drugs to help treat patients
· Leading program development teams while working closely with team members to establish project milestones, manage work plans and vendors, develop budgets, and ensure resources are aligned to meet project objectives.
· Manage long- and short-term program activities, including schedule development, project communication, status reporting, and resource interactions. Understand vendor and external resource needs and overall program budget. Anticipate, identify, and track critical path and overall program activities, risks, contingencies, and alternatives.
· Collaborate with and support team members and functional managers to assure integration of project and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables. Work with project team(s) to proactively identify risks, contingencies, and alternatives.
· Communicate program objectives, work plan issues, and resource needs to teams, functional departments, and senior management via routine and ad hoc meetings, minutes, action items, and Gantt charts. Represent team and program to other departmental and external meetings.
· Recommend processes or procedures that facilitate program and department operations. Provide input into company resource planning, project management processes, and budgets.
· Partnering with finance and functional leaders to develop and report program budgets, supported by project managers, including capability and capacity needs, and monitoring spending against program budgets
· Provide status reports and presentations to executive management and participate in strategic discussions regarding the programs. Initiate and escalate strategy changes to senior management as needed.
· Ensuring the development and use of key project management tools, metrics and team meeting logistics, and documentation by project managers and all team members to enhance project and program delivery and information dissemination across the business
· Ensuring effective program team meetings, logistics and documentation with the support of program managers
· Ensuring consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle (R&D, CMC, and Clinical) while developing and managing high-quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects
· Develop and scale stage-appropriate capabilities, tools, and processes as the company’s portfolio grows and matures
Education and Experience:
· B.S. required, with a preference on candidates with an advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., etc.) in a life sciences or related degree,
· 15+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical development with a preference for experience in the biotechnology environment, including 5+ years’ experience as a Program Manager or more senior level in managing interdisciplinary drug development teams.
Adaptability: Responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges, transitions, and demands. Willingly and effectively deals with the stress and complexities of various situations. Moves forward productively and optimistically under conditions of change and uncertainty.
Collaboration: Embodies and promotes collaboration and works effectively with others across the organization to achieve goals. Demonstrates proficient cross-company communication, cultural sensitivity, and partnership in interactions with others. Involves others in decisions and plans and credits them for their contributions and accomplishments.
Execution: Drives execution of strategic and operating plans while maintaining operational effectiveness. Conveys a strong sense of urgency around continuous improvement, achieving high-quality results, and accelerating business performance. Addresses problems directly and drives
changes necessary to achieve business objectives.
Relationship Building: Establishes and maintains strong relationships internally and externally. Respects and relates well to management, colleagues, peers, and direct reports. Champions a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion that values and respects individuals. Earns the respect of others through principled leadership, sound business ethics, and authenticity.
Location: Cambridge, MA ( We are located in Lower Cambridge, called Cambridgeport)
When You Join Marengo, You Will Have:
• Free parking, Cambridge location reachable by public transportation (Red Line)
• Customized and competitive health coverage, including medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
• Eligible from the first day for 401K, no matching
• A robust package of Marengo-paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
• 20 days of vacation and one personal day per year, in addition to 12 company holidays
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Marengo about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Marengo via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Marengo unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Marengo for this position and a valid agreement with Marengo is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Marengo agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Marengo Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.