Workhorse Group Inc. is a technology company focused on providing drone-integrated electric vehicles to the last-mile delivery sector. As an American original equipment manufacturer, we design and build high performance, battery-electric vehicles including trucks and aircraft. Workhorse also develops cloud-based, real-time telematics performance monitoring systems that are fully integrated with our vehicles and enable fleet operators to optimize energy and route efficiency. All Workhorse vehicles are designed to make the movement of people and goods more efficient and less harmful to the environment.
The Sr. Engineer – Body ensures the proper design, development, and testing of the Body components of the vehicle including hardware, glass, bumpers and wiper components. The Sr. Engineer – Body should be familiar with mathematical and engineering principles and methods used to design various the aforementioned components.
Additional Job Responsibilities
Researches, develops, designs, and tests vehicle electrical components, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties:
- Implements product engineering design and development, with emphasis on Body Thermal components into electrified vehicle programs.
- Collaborates with other engineers from a variety of disciplines to find innovative solutions to vehicle engineering challenges.
- Uses 3D & 2D computer aided design (CAD) to effectively design and integrate components/sub-systems into an electric vehicle platform.
- Verifies that manufacturing, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and regulatory requirements for Body Thermal systems.
- Assists the service department in the implementation of new and existing Body Thermal components.
- Designs the fabrication of test control apparatus/equipment and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing Body Thermal systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering design experience required.
- Proficient in NX 3D CAD environment and NX Mechanical 2D environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications as well as other computer-based engineering tools.
- Has experience in Body Thermal systems.
- Professional familiarity with Electric Vehicle (EV) systems in a vehicle manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced innovative engineering environment.
Workhorse Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Workhorse Group Inc. will not provide immigration/work visa sponsorship for this position.