Workhorse Group Inc. is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of all-electric, medium-duty work trucks for last-mile delivery. Workhorse trucks are built in the USA at the company's recently-renovated Workhorse Ranch, a world-class 410,000 sq. ft. manufacturing complex in Union City, Indiana.
We are seeking a dynamic, master planning leader for Workhorse’s Union City complex. This person will
develop production control strategies and processes, while leading the site material planners, to enable
revenue and profit growth for the complex including but not limited to the management of production
planning and shipment plus supplier interface for direct inventory and MRO. The candidate must have
excellent leadership and communication skills as well as a successful track record of collaboratively
working cross-functionally internally and with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors, and aligning
priorities while supporting senior site leaders to achieve annual and long-term goals.
Additional Job Responsibilities
• Assure the Right Material is at the Right Place at the Right Time.
• Develop finished goods planning across all truck production lines that assures alignment to short
and long term SIOP plans with collaborative engagement with the operations team.
• Establish and ensure effective processes to release and monitor all PO and supply chain delivery
activity is timely and supportive of the site master plan. Proactively resolve risks, as necessary.
• Manage suppliers through material planners in delivery and service to ensure no operational
disruption while supporting supply chain leadership on supplier performance.
• Elevate and collaboratively resolve risks in the achievement of production plans or supplier
• Manage developed inventory strategies and related production planning processes to support
leadership in the balance of working capital efficiency and supply chain risk.
• Support and manage a replacement part service plan for in-field products.
• Develop an understanding of business needs and implement supporting production planning
solutions with measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for Direct Inventory and MRO.
• Align and prioritize your team’s KPIs to the overall department and site, while providing regular
evaluation and coaching on their performance for continued development.
• Collaboratively work with your team to develop on-going professional development goals.
• Develop and implement process improvements and efficiencies through systems and tools.
• Be an effective, collaborative, and pro-active problem solver to overcome challenges.
• Effectively manage change as the team improves processes and transitions to new systems.
• Work cross-functionally across the broader organization while being a voice for Supply Chain
Management within Union City and the broader Workhorse.
• Compile and submit periodic reports to leadership as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Engineering, or similar field.
• 7+ years of experience in manufacturing and assembly industries (Passenger vehicle/Trucks/EV
specific experience is a plus) with technical knowledge of associated parts, especially stampings,
fasteners, resins, wiring, and electronic components plus related supply chain industry
experience and direct commodity sourcing.
• Proven experience and ability to develop strong, agile teams. Strong focus on coaching and
• Strong data and process driven problem solver.
• Ability to see many solutions to meet business goals. Has the presence to draw out multiple
perspectives from others.
• Strong interpersonal skills to demonstrate teamwork, leadership, and flexibility while working
with all levels of the organization plus external suppliers and customers.
• Strong negotiation skills, including customer, supplier, and carrier communication.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
Workhorse Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Workhorse Group Inc. will not provide immigration/work visa sponsorship for this position.